This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Tilda Swinton as head villain in Bond 24 / 25, and other ideas...

8 replies to this topic

#1 oregi

oregi

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Could Tilda Swinton be the villain in Bond 24 or 25?

Since a few years I'm wondering about it. She got some special look about her.

Maybe new storylines about Quantum (the head of the organisation), or a standalone villain.

The head villain - a Swedish doctor with a Nobel peace price  (Tilda Swinton) - some precious jewels of diadem/crown or paintings in exchange for weapons (?)...and a evil plan to kill many because of racism by medicins used in a bad way.

How do people look at each other nowadays? Can we get along with others? Can we stand one another?

A 007 with a look at the community. A James Bond movie with some social and moral questions inside it?

Maybe an idea for EON Productions to concider in the future.

I really like the movie to involve medical companies, doctors, hospitals, medicins, foreign aid/genocide, stockmarkets, banks & vaults

Some powerboat racing (F1 but on the water), some royalty (like in Monaco), art auctions and payoffs, Jewish heritage.

Switzerland, Israel, Malediven or Seychelles and South Africa as locations.

If one could place 007 on Antarctica (be my guest to help me), maybe a ecological project (research station) on the South Pole by the villainess.

title: The Property of a Lady

Bond-girls called Maria Freudenstein (daughter of a Jewish Israeli banker...) & Elizabeth Rye (girl manipulated as courier of jewelry...).

Secondary Bond villain an Russian minister (?) ... played by French actor Pascal Greggory.

...maybe some rival medical company...

...a lynx as pet in a luxurious villa / penthouse?

...some other vehicle then the Aston Martin or a usual car, more like the Little Nellie or Acrostar ...something even more eyecatching.

Now it has to be connected the right way and you got a story.

Well, what do you think?

#2 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

She reminds me of Greene.

#3 Stavro

Stavro

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I can definitely see her as an Irma Bunt-type henchwoman, but even colder. That look in her eyes gives me chills. Perhaps in 10 years or so, when she's older and even scarier.

#4 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

If i had  to bet on it, i'd bet Mendes and Spacey.

#5 FOX MULDER

FOX MULDER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

If i had  to bet on it, i'd bet Mendes and Spacey.

Kevin Spacey. Blofeld.

'Nuff said.

#6 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

NO BLOFELD.

lol

Kevin Spacey should be a Bond villain. Not blofeld.

#7 FOX MULDER

FOX MULDER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

NO BLOFELD.

lol

Kevin Spacey should be a Bond villain. Not blofeld.

I'd love to see him as any Bond villain.

But he would be perfect as Blofeld...

#8 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Yes to Tilda Swinton!

#9 bondjames

bondjames

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

I'm ok with the Blofeld idea or Tilda Swinton (check out Michael Clayton) but I really am against the idea of Kevin Spacey.

While he's a great actor, I really like the fact that Bond, since Craig took over at least, has stayed away for the most part from American actors and concentrated more on no name (Berenice Marlohe) and/or up and coming (Eva Green at the time) and/or under the radar established European character actors (Mads Mikkelson and the excellent Giancarlo Giannini). They just have so much more screen presence, charisma and mystery. Berenice blew "oscar winning" (cough!) Helly Berry away even though she was on the screen for a short time.

Kevin Spacey is not as suited for this new approach, but sadly, due to his connection with Mendes, it may happen. I'd rather they go with Benedict Cumberbatch - although he's already in Star Trek so it may be a no-go.

We need someone like Alan Rickman in the original Die Hard - oodles of screen charisma and menace.

Edited by bondjames, 11 January 2013 - 04:04 AM.