chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

Chapter Ten:

The Rules of the Game

Bond saw the girl. She was sitting at the baccarat table looking bored and smoking Camel Filters. Her long black hair was pinned in a chignon, exposing the tall swan neck, and her shoulders were bare except for the cotton-thin silver strands of elastic supporting the sheer cocktail dress, which finished
at the knee.

Next to her and in prime position, the shoe buried beneath his huge left hand, was a bulky broad shouldered desperado. The man was probably in his mid-fifties. His skin was deeply tanned, from birth and then from constant exposure to the sun. His facial expressions switched from almost callous
delight to anger. There seemed to be no benign median. He laughed with big expressive gulps. He scowled when something displeased him. A fat Havana cigar was occasionally raised to his mouth. He bit on it, sucked in the smoky tang and would watch as the tip glowed red, matching his one good eye. The black patch clung to his left eye, but the right was alert and cunning, constantly on the move, looking for danger, for threats, for salvation. Above the strong jaw and the Roman nose was a receding domed pate, the stubble, showing black in some places but age and the sun had turned it predominantly grey. His face was lined with the weathered cracks of life. While his facial appearance may have been like that of a bandit, his external elegance was not in doubt. He was dressed immaculately in a tailored tuxedo which seemed to bulge with muscle. There was one item of jewelry, a signet ring, a circle of gold with an inverted triangle inscribed in ebony, the pagan symbol for the earth.

Marcelo Sabatini was in complete control of the table. He had just scored another coup and was puffing on the cigar, a flat grin sitting behind the wall of smoke.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv21/chrissy_xyz/Gulfstream/LucaZingaretti-Sabatini2_zps9514686f.jpg

Luca Zingaretti, in part, my inspiration for Sabatini.

The Water Club Hotel, Isla Verde, San Juan

By day ...

By night ...

A lovely boutique hotel with beautiful views over the bay, very good for cocktails...

Chapter  Ten

Coming very soon ....

Thanks for reading !

#32 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

still a bit behind but getting closer to chapter 9 

#33 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Hope you're enjoying it :D

Chapter Twelve has just been submitted.

Sorry it took a while to come, I had a lot of work on this week and everything got a bit hectic.

Good reading!

#34 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Up it is!

#35 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Just noticed my last advert should have read Chapter Twelve   :wacko:  befuddled ....

Anyway, Chapter Thirteen is in for approval today.

Sabatini's yacht, The Sun Chaser, is based on example pictures I found of a prototype yacht from the Italian builders Luca Brenta. As of yet, I don't think anyone has purchased a 147 for construction.

th_147-TheSunChaser4.jpg

th_147-TheSunChaser2.jpg

th_147-TheSunChaser3.jpg

th_147-TheSunChaser1.jpg

Happy reading !

Edited by chrisno1, 14 March 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#36 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

And it's up and ready to be devoured: http://debrief.comma...m/#entry1255169

#37 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Chapter Fourteen:

Fast Rides

The man shouted. Bond’s arm went back, forward and the dagger suddenly projected out of the broad chest. It wasn’t a fatal blow, but the shock of the impact, the depth of the wound, stunned the guard. He staggered back against the door and slid down, his legs akimbo.

Bond was out of the water like a salmon, reached him in two strides and knocked him out with two blows, one to each temple. He yanked the dagger out of the man’s chest. This trip was going from bad to worse. Did he risk going back through the ship? Hell, no way.

Bond located the control for the undersea hatch, conveniently labeled, and switched it. There was a grind of machinery and the floor of the tank began to separate as the two twelve foot doors swung open. Bond slipped the camera into his body pouch, pulled out the re-breather and placed it over his nostrils and into his mouth. Here’s hoping, he prayed, and once more slipped into the murky night time waters.

He swam down first of all and then struck out, his arms and legs kicking quickly to get him clear of the yacht and its lamplights. He’d hardly gone more than twenty metres when the sea became bathed in white. Someone had switched on a searchlight. He was a sitting duck. Bond dived deeper, feeling his ears pop under the pressure. His eyes stung with the salt water. His only hope was that he was far enough away, far enough down to out-swim the beam. Around him shoals of frightened fish hurried away from the strobe of light, tails flapping urgently. Bond saw a man-sized tarpon, almost eight massive feet of bony silver, twist onto its side and make a full 360° turn, confused by the sudden appearance of day during night. Scared, it slunk down to the safety of the seabed.

There was no such reprise for Bond ...

Bond infiltrates The Sun Chaser ...

To what cost ....

th_foiljet2.jpg

We all love a good chase scene ...

Fast Rides

Coming very soon

#38 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Take a fast ride here: http://debrief.comma...m/#entry1256053

Chapter fourteen is up!

#39 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Coming to you this Easter

Chapters 15, 16 and 17

Sea World is based on the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, but I have exaggerated the size of the installation !

th_SeaWorld2.jpg

th_SeaWorld1.jpg

Nautilus is based on a genuine Hyper Sub

th_hypersub.jpg

Happy reading !

Happy Easter !

#40 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Just in time for Good Friday: Chapter 15 http://debrief.comma...m/#entry1256525

#41 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Have a happy Easter time with Gabi in Chapter 16: http://debrief.comma...m/#entry1256649

#42 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'm away for a few days.

I hope you've all had a happy easter with or without James Bond.

Chapter 17 has just been submitted.

th_LaPerla1.jpg

Bond gets up to some mischief in La Perla....

th_LaPerla2.jpg

A real shanty town - they recommend you don't go there....

th_ElizaDushkuasANGEL2_zpsae4dd49b.jpg

The gorgeous Eliza Dushku - my villianess, Angel....

th_ElizaDushkuasANGEL4_zps40b0425d.jpg

Unclothed, clothed and armed....

Chapter Seventeen:

Angel of Death

Edited by chrisno1, 31 March 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#43 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

And it is here... http://debrief.comma...m/#entry1256735

#44 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

Bond came on, rising from his knees to a running crouch. She sensed him coming, turned and pulled herself upright. The bloody wounds coated her, but she ignored whatever agony there was and went into a fighting stance. She made one move, a fist flailing out, before Bond rushed her. The two bodies slammed together, crashed against the grille and tore it from its mounting. Everything tumbled through the aperture.

They were rolling, tossing and turning, out of control down the shaved flint rocks of the El Morro escarpment. They’d tunnelled straight across the castle esplanade, under the fort itself, and out of the lower wall just above the castle spur, where the fortifications flared out towards the sea. They landed, still in a warring embrace, on a spit of sand and rock littered with tidal pools. The shock of the fall momentarily stunned them both. Bond groaned. The first cold wave washed in.  

He felt the hands grasp his neck. She was already on her knees, the sweet orange scent rasping out of her mouth. He reached up, over her breasts, up the line of her dress, to the collar, to her hair, scraggy now, to her throat. The two figures, man and woman, wrestled, hands locked on each other’s throats, blocking the air, the breath of life...

Read the next installment...

Chapter Eighteen:

Blood Alley

Submitted for Approval Today

Back from my short break - and much refreshed - I hope I've kept at least a few of you enthralled over Easter.

th_LaPerla4.jpg

The Cemetery at La Perla -

La Perla is a real shanty town, they advise tourists not to go there, the crime levels are very high

th_LaPlazita1.png

La Placita -

This local nightspot is rarely featured in guidebooks, it's very rough and ready

th_LaPlazita2.jpg

La Placita -

When I was there it was all bomba music played by DJs, while 007s visit to La Placita takes place on a Sunday, in reality he wouldn't be able to do that, the partying only takes place on Fridays.

It's a great place to get drunk and meet the locals and it's very cheap !

Keep Reading!

#45 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Fresh from chrisno1's keyboard: http://debrief.comma...m/#entry1257191

#46 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

The beautiful underwater realm had suddenly turned into a milky churned up world of foaming bubbles and kicked sand. Under the obscurity, Bond retrieved the spear from the sea bed, and kicked upwards, faster than they recommended, his ears popping under the pressure, his intention to meet the second man head on...

They came together with a sickening thud, Bond’s left arm extended, the spear rigid in his fist, aiming for the face mask. The jagged point missed its target by an inch and dug into the man’s cheek. The skin and bone seemed to peel away from the face in slow motion and a cloud of blood erupted out of the wound. The man pulled away, bringing his own spear gun to bear... 

Bond yanked his weapon free, but it came loose with agonizing slowness...

Chapter Nineteen:

Silent Screams

Bond and Gabi and a fight to the death

Coming very soon...

#47 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Chapter Nineteen is in for submission.

Happy Reading!

th_SondaGrove.jpg

Sonda Grove is as real as they come

th_Maxum1750SR-TheRosa.jpg

A quick look at a Maxum 1750, but I think I ought to have posted that one earlier

Edited by chrisno1, 13 April 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#48 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

The screams were heard: http://debrief.comma...m/#entry1257718

#49 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Chapter Twenty:

Deadly Waters

Bond was closing in on his target, the slurry vessel. Using the ship as cover, he intended to ditch his equipment, mount the external braces of the super structure and plant the explosives near the central mast. Now the great flat hull was straight ahead, shafts of light radiating around it and the constant vibration of the pumps carrying through the water...

What was that? Something plopped into the sea twenty or so metres away. There was a rush of bubbles as the thing broke the surface. Slowly the object started to sink. It was almost impossible to tell what it was...

Bond swam closer, intrigued, worried. It was a man’s body. It was stripped and trussed, like meat ready for roasting, except for the long wavy hair and full beard. The man was lacerated, bleeding at the throat. There could only be one reason the body was here...

For a moment Bond didn’t register the danger. Suddenly he baulked. They were to his left, lots of them, silver grey and coming at him very fast. Silky sharks. Did they hunt live prey? He didn’t know. It didn’t matter. He was too close to the damn body. The first shark went for the cadaver and bit a chunk out of the leg. Bond swam to escape the vicinity. Another big shape twisted over him, the tail swiping at his aqualung, heading for the feast...

th_silkyshark_zps2a321888.jpg

Silky Shark

I love it when Bond battles wildlife !

th_MichaelKeatonasKEATING_zps3cc334b5.jp

Special Guest Star !

Michael Keaton was my inspiration for Keating - The Man from the CIA

COMING VERY SOON !

Happy Reading

Edited by chrisno1, 16 April 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#50 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Deadly Waters is on line now !

#51 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Thanks !!

Gulfstream has just passed 1000 views, the mark which I attach success to my fan fiction.

I'm pleased it has proved popular with at least 50 readers !

As I'm sure most are aware, Gulfstream is an attempted update / reimagine / reboot / ripoff of Thunderball and it doesn't hold many surprises, but I do hope any one who has dipped into the water has enjoyed my 2013 slant on classic OO7.

Keep reading  and thanks again !

#52 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Chapter Twenty One:

Fire and Ice

She waited until it was almost ten. Gabi slipped off the bunk and stepped to the door, listening. Someone was walking up the corridor. The footfalls rang on the metal floor. She’d heard similar sounds all evening. Gathering her resolve, she waited until the person outside had disappeared and gently turned the door handle. The passage was empty. Gabi slipped down the corridor towards the main lobby, her rubber soled deck shoes silencing her steps...

On the way she paused by a window. Outside on the drilling platform she could see Sabatini bathed in the spotlights. He was directing operations, the frail figure of Professor Méndez almost dwarfed beside him. The two made an odd pair, but a very deliberate one. Gabi could see how they talked, animated, almost as one, as if the scientist knew exactly what the gangster would say and vice versa. How strange she hadn’t noticed it before. The two men had so much in common: the love of the fragile ecology, the fear of its awesome destructive power, a hatred of the modern environment, one they only utilized instead of developed, all of it born from a belief in man’s ability to overpopulate, to annihilate and to self-destruct. Perhaps she ought to have seen it earlier. They were obviously alike, sharing a zeal, a belief, an almost religious fervour...

Gabi shivered. The idea startled and scared her. If a man as placid as the Professor could hold views the same as Sabatini, what could his real motives be? How enthralled was he to the Sicilian? Did he share the monster’s aims? Did he know of the bombs? She daren’t think. Put it aside, Gabi told herself, you only have to think of James. It’s him you need to think about...

Coming very soon...

#53 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

The Black Jack chapter is here: http://debrief.comma.../#entry1258571

#54 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

Sorry, dear readers, i just realised I didn't alter the font for Chapter Twenty One. It's now as should be.

Chapter Twenty Two due on the conveyor....

Edited by chrisno1, 28 April 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#55 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

OO7 has been captured ...

Gabi has been tortured ...

Sabatini can scent success ...

How will Bond escape ...

Will Golden Age triumph ...

Questions ...

Questions ...

Questions ...

THE ANSWERS COME SWIFTLY

Chapter Twenty Two

Operation Golden Age

Coming very soon !

#56 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

So soon it's in fact already here: http://debrief.comma...m/#entry1258878

Enjoy!

#57 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

Chapter Twenty Three:

Flying Frogmen

Major Miguel Anthony, C-Company Commander, was leading thirty six volunteers of the 3rd Operations Detachment. They were heading for Strike One, the installation at Herradura...

Anthony gritted his teeth with relish. He stared at the rows of men who faced him. They were tense. He could sense it, but it didn’t bother him. Tension made men act faster. Sometimes they also made mistakes. But he’d rather have soldiers who acted first and thought last. Mistakes could always be explained. They could always be justified. It was the price you paid in war. He had believed it without question for the two decades he’d spent as an officer...

It was a belief that had served him well, twice in Iraq and twice in Afghanistan. Now he was on home territory again, yet the threat of war, the shadow of terrorism, had never died in Miguel’s eyes. Today was affirmation of his belief...

Buried beneath the waves, James Bond can only hope ...

th_VirginGorda-HERRADURA2.jpg

The Virgin Gorda

My inspiration for Herradura

th_CH53ESuperStallion_zpsadda176f.jpg

Super Stallion CH53E

Coming this Monday ...

#58 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

The frogmen fly here: http://debrief.comma...m/#entry1259193

#59 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

And so the climax draws near...

Sabatini was in a rage. It seemed Captain Nordraak and the boson had disobeyed orders.

“The ship will sink, Signore, we must abandon her!” declared Nordraak.

“And how am I to reach the kessel now?”

The sentence was more of a statement than a question.

“Damn the kessel!” shouted Nordraak, “You’ll be lucky to escape the ship!”

Sabatini scowled. His hand flashed out, like lightning. There was a tiny stiletto dagger in the huge fist. It dug into Nordraak’s throat, slit it from ear to ear and came away dripping blood. The Captain collapsed where he stood. Sabatini threw out an arm towards the others.

“You two! Find Bond!” he cried, “Kill him!”

Chapter Twenty Four:

The Sweet Taste of Death

Coming this weekend....

And hot on the tail

Chapter Twenty Five:

The Right Moment

Coming this weekend....

#60 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers