This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Where were you when Die Another Day premiered in cinemas?

34 replies to this topic

#31 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

I was 27 years old. Took the day off work to see it.

Enjoyed the first half but the 2nd half is more Star Wars than 007. I was expecting Darth Vader to walk into shot.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

#32 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

I was a freshman in high school when my parents picked me up early from school to see the film on opening day! Had to be seen mid-day because I wouldn't be able to see it Friday night bec of Shabbat. My parents didn't want to deprive me of a James Bond opening day experience

#33 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I was 27 years old. Took the day off work to see it.

Enjoyed the first half but the 2nd half is more Star Wars than 007. I was expecting Darth Vader to walk into shot.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Indeed, I always find the first hour to be excellent, quite gripping, and then when he gets to the Ice Palace, it's turns into James Bond

meets Star Wars, meets The Fast and the Furious.

Still entertaining though, I ended up seeing it twice at the cinema.

#34 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

i was already in my 20s but i went with my parents like i always tried to with the Bond movies. we had dinner and my dad and i kind of grinned at eatch other about the movie (about it being over the top). i went again with my best friend the following week anyway.

#35 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

It was my first Bond film I saw in theaters. I was in 10th grade and I remember feeling a bit unsatisfied. I thought the whole stop/start motion was a bit distracting.