This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What was your favorite scene(s) in Skyfall?

4 replies to this topic

#1 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

What is your favorite scene (scenes if more than one) in Skyfall?

My favorite scenes in the film happens to be the Lodge Shootout. From Kincade's awesome line of "Welcome To Scotland!" to Bond activating the the machine gun turrets on the DB5, M Fighting, Silva coming in on the helicopter blaring "Boom Boom" by The Animals and so forth, amazing for me!

#2 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

James Bond vs. Patrice, Shanghai skyscraper at night. The blue lights (exactly the same colour as your sig Ace!) the tension as Bond slowly creeps up on Patrice, a tracking shot of his feet from left to right as he walks towards the door to access the room Patrice is in.

And the fight itself. Brutal, close quarters, excellently scored and shot. The jellyfish light which passes over them at one point in the fight made me think of the gunbarrel white circle, like some kind of surreal spotlight. Even though the skirmish is brief, i was happier and more entertained than i had been in years.

And the nice reveal- the camera panning up and over to show who finally see who has the upper hand- Bond of course, holding Patrice over the ledge.

Just amazing.

#3 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

The bit where they shoot the drink of the girls head, I like that 'cause I like the way the man holds a gun to Bonds head and makes him do it.

The introduction of the Aston Martin.

Craig has actually restarted my love for Bond.

PS Off topic, but I'd like to thank the Admin of CBN for keeping my account open, I know I should have been posting here more, just things have taken over.

Roll on Bond 24.

#4 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

The introduction of the Aston Martin.

This has to be everyone's favorite scene. It got the strongest audience reaction in every Skyfall screening I've been too, cheers, laughter, Oooh's and Aaah's.

Welcome back Dr. Tynan. Long time no see. Hope you haven't been bitten by the bug in the meantime. :P

#5 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

T-E-N-N-Y-S-O-N :D