This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

My little Bond 24 project (WILL CONTAIN SKYFALL SPOILERS)

68 replies to this topic

#61 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

One scene I'd like to see from the novel is when Bond and Gala go for the swim and as they begin to walk back the explosion at Drax's compound occurs, which disorients them but fails to kill them.

#62 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

In regards to the reactor, I think you could base it on the ITER being built in France.

http://www.iter.org/

It would be a fusion reactor that bases most of its reactions through Niobium-tin. Niobium could also be the element in the mine that needs to be brought to England. While Nb is not particularly rare, this could be a big mine only known to those in the Quantum organization thus giving Quantum a hidden cache of the element.

#63 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

In regards to the reactor, I think you could base it on the ITER being built in France.

http://www.iter.org/

It would be a fusion reactor that bases most of its reactions through Niobium-tin. Niobium could also be the element in the mine that needs to be brought to England. While Nb is not particularly rare, this could be a big mine only known to those in the Quantum organization thus giving Quantum a hidden cache of the element.

I like it, so Milton Krest is in charge of this mine and mi6 become suspicious so send bond to investigate. Wait, will Krest be well known for being in charge of the mine or not? Because I was thinking there could be a party in celebration of the success of the mine and that's how bond meets Milton and Elizabeth?

#64 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Could be. In that case, the mine could be a front in which the world believes there is something else in there and Quantum is hiding the fact that Niobium is in there. It could be that MI6 believes there is something else going on with the mine or something....

#65 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

I've realised i would like Elizabeth Krest to play an important part in the plot development before her untimely death by the hands of Quantum when she is drowned in the swimming pool for helping Bond. I was watching some old Bond movies and any idea I try to come up has been done before, like Solange simply giving information to Bond or Corinne helping Bond open a locked safe. Does anyone have any ideas for how Elizabeth can help Bond which give a good enough reason for her death, gives her plenty of screentime and gives her a good important role? 

#66 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Unfortunately, most ideas have been done. You're going to have trouble finding something that hasn't been done. Solange had no loyalty to Dimitrios. Corinne was naive and easily seduced by Bond. Sévérine thought Bond could save her from Silva. I would say do whatever you think works it won't matter if it seems similar to something else.

#67 GalaSilva

GalaSilva

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hey, its GalaBond here. I had to create a new account due to problems with my last account. I've been very busy atm with college work so this project has been put on hold but I'll still welcome ideas and the project should be up and running again soon! 

Thanks. 

#68 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

I saw a few of your posts as GalaSilva in other threads and thought that it seemed like it could be you.

#69 GalaSilva

GalaSilva

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

Completely new project lined up due to my finishing college and I promised myself I start with a fresh mind so I'll be starting a new thread tonight.