2 replies to this topic

#1 OHMSS Spion

OHMSS Spion

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Does anyone remember in detail what M's speech was about the world being more opaque, not transparent? I've been trying to piece it together in my head and having a hard time and all that comes to mind is the poem she recites.

I've got these bits so far:

"I see a different world than you and what I see frightens me. Our enemies are no longer known to us. [Something about what they fear and flags and countries] They’re not nations, they’re individuals. Our world is not more transparent now, it’s more opaque. It’s in the shadows. And that is where we must do battle. So answer me this, how safe do you feel?"

Anyone remember more than this?

#2 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

"Today I repeatidly heard how irrelevant my department has become. Why do we need agents? The double-0 section? Isn´t all antiquated? Well, I suppose I see a different world than you do. And the truth is that what I see, frightens me. I´m frightened because our enemies are no longer known to us. They do not exist on the map, They´re not nations. They´re individuals. Look around you. Who do you fear? Can you see a face? a uniform? a flag? No. Our world is not transparent now, is more opaque, it´s in the shadows. That´s where we stood battle. So, before you declare us irrelevant ask yourself, how safe do you feel? Just one more thing to say. My late husband was a great lover of poetry and... "

More or less. BEST SCENE OF THE YEAR.

#3 OHMSS Spion

OHMSS Spion

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Thanks a lot ggl!