This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Should they use material from the novels?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Do you think they should use source material from the novels? There's plenty of stuff to use, even from Fleming novels (Live and Let Die, Moonraker, Diamonds are Forever, The Spy Who Loved Me, You Only Live Twice, who never had an adaptation).

I haven't read any non-Fleming Bond yet, except for the lovely Carte Blanche, so I don't know if they're good or not, but I'd love to see a proper adaptation from those Fleming novels (I think that even TSPWLM would work great, if they included the last five chapters in another movie, sort of The Living Daylights).

#2 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

They absolutely should use the remaining unused elements from the Fleming novels. YOLT could pretty much be adapted nearly in its entirety without having a whole lot of similarities to EON's "adaptation" of the novel, save for the Japanese locations and some character names. The rest of it, including the garden of death, should absolutely make their way into an EON film at some point down the line.

Fleming's TMWTGG also needs to be adapted for the big screen, as most of that material is missing from the dreadful "adaptation" that EON put up on the big screen.

#3 dogmanstar

dogmanstar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 446 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

I would love to see elements from the novels return! I felt Skyfall had a lot of the elements return but in a very oblique way--ie--Bond's parents. But I'd like to see another crack at Blofeld, a faithful YOLT, some of the events in DAF, and I'm sure, given time, I can think of tons more!