22 replies to this topic

#1 occhile007

occhile007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

How many of you are going to the midnight showing tonight? I'm so excited and amped up that I can't even concentrate at work today.

Never before have I not been so spoiler free about a Bond movie that I have no idea what could happen. I mean I haven't even listened the score yet (ok, well maybe a few clips). Still, I know that majority of the reviews are calling it the best Bond movie in a long time. Even RT has given it a 92%.

Let's put it this way, if I owned a tux, I would wear it tonight to the premier. Here's to Skyfall gang.

#2 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

I am not going to the midnight showing I have decided. This is just because I have back to back 8 am and 9 am lectures and I really don't want to be tired for them.

#3 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'll be there at midnight.

#4 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

I am not going to the midnight showing I have decided. This is just because I have back to back 8 am and 9 am lectures and I really don't want to be tired for them.

Terrible excuse. You've got at least a solid five hours' sleep in between. Do it.

I'll be there at midnight.

As will I. Distracting myself intensely work work in the meantime.

#5 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Terrible excuse. You've got at least a solid five hours' sleep in between. Do it.

Excuse me.

When I was a freshman in college I had a 2-hour bio lab at 8 AM that I had trouble waking up for and at times was late too. That was honestly the most effing rude thing I have ever read in my entire life. Apologize to her right now. You'd rather her go see some damn movie over doing well in school? How dare you interfere with her life and her choices. God, sorry if we're terrible Bond fans because we value our education and the money our parents are putting in for us to go to school.

I'm not going either because I'm going home. Wanna come scream at me, too, because you think it's a "terrible excuse" to pass up a movie go home and see my family that I haven't seen in a month? Go ahead, I dare you. I'll punch your damned lights out.

#6 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm certain Matt wasn't being especially serious.

#7 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

I was going to, but being busy changed that. Lucky I have the time to go on Friday with everything going on right now.

#8 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'll be at a midnight show tonight. Driving to a theater a little further away than normal (as they have a better IMAX screen).

#9 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

Excuse me.

When I was a freshman in college I had a 2-hour bio lab at 8 AM that I had trouble waking up for and at times was late too. That was honestly the most effing rude thing I have ever read in my entire life. Apologize to her right now. You'd rather her go see some damn movie over doing well in school? How dare you interfere with her life and her choices. God, sorry if we're terrible Bond fans because we value our education and the money our parents are putting in for us to go to school.

I'm not going either because I'm going home. Wanna come scream at me, too, because you think it's a "terrible excuse" to pass up a movie go home and see my family that I haven't seen in a month? Go ahead, I dare you. I'll punch your damned lights out.

I read Matt's comment as more tongue-in-cheek than an actual command directed at Iceskater. I'm sure he meant no harm.

#10 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Excuse me.

Heisenberg says, "Relax!"

#11 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Thank you for standing up for me Elizabeth :D

and I mean yeah I could do it, but honestly I would be getting back at 3 AM most likely and I need my sleep in order to function.! Besides I am going home this weekend from college and my mom wants me to see it with her, which I will.

#12 DCI_director

DCI_director

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Excuse me.

Wow! Totally uncalled for. If anyone is being rude, it's you.

Edited by DCI_director, 07 November 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#13 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Well, excuse me if I value my education over some movie. I wouldn't even do that if SINGIN' IN THE RAIN were in theaters.

Excuse me.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL someone needs a nap!

When I typed that, I had just woken up. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. -_-

#14 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

My earlier comment was completely, absolutely, 100%, sarcastically in jest.

Wow.

#15 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

My earlier comment was completely, absolutely, 100%, sarcastically in jest.

Wow.

Some people got No Sensayuma...

#16 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

Apparently. Not that I care too much. An hour and fifty seven minutes for me, now. Wow. I'm literally counting the minutes.

#17 L4YRCAKE

L4YRCAKE

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

Where in the US is everybody going to a midnight showing tonight??? I'm in the Pacific Northwest and the earliest I can see it is midnight thursday... Grumble grumble grumble.

#18 archer1949

archer1949

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

Where in the US is everybody going to a midnight showing tonight??? I'm in the Pacific Northwest and the earliest I can see it is midnight thursday... Grumble grumble grumble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eWopfEJq48

Yeah, what's up with that?

Anyway, since my work schedule has changed and I do not have to go to work Fridays, I will be there Tomorrow night.

#19 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

Well, excuse me if I value my education over some movie. I wouldn't even do that if SINGIN' IN THE RAIN were in theaters.

I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone on this forum who would have the slightest interest in seeing a midnight showing of SINGIN' IN THE RAIN in the year 2012.

#20 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Just came out of the screening. Wow.

#21 L4YRCAKE

L4YRCAKE

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eWopfEJq48

Yeah, what's up with that?

Anyway, since my work schedule has changed and I do not have to go to work Fridays, I will be there Tomorrow night.

I was responding to... oh forget it.

I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone on this forum who would have the slightest interest in seeing a midnight showing of SINGIN' IN THE RAIN in the year 2012.

You'd be surprised what people will go see at midnight in the year 2012. Singin' In The Rain is pretty great, actually...

Just came out of the screening. Wow.

I found out ten til midnight that there were midnight wednesday showings in my town as well. Dang...!

#22 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Just got home about 30 minutes ago from the midnight showing here...

Best Bond film in the last decade, at least.

#23 Forward Look

Forward Look

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • Location:Atlanta, Georgia USA - home of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Midnight advance showing of SF in Atlanta, best Bond film since CR2006. The faces may have changed because of the different actors, but all the familiar on-screen Bond cast is back!