This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Is Craig going to be like Connery - Summer Bond ?

13 replies to this topic

#1 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Connery was the only 007 that didnt had any snow-ski scenes. ( YOLT pretitle doesnt count ) Will we see Craig (QOS doesnt count ) in any snow-ski action scenes or will he be a summer 007 like Connery ?

I think making Bond 24 a snow-ski based film would be good after three non-snow films. Canada will be a great destination.

#2 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

What snow-ski scenes were there in QOS?

#3 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

It was after the credits. You should have waited around.

As to the topic itself, I have no problem with Craig Bind doing some ski action so long as it's inventive and serves the story. Just dropping a ski chase in and meandering the story around just to include one would be disappointing but I doubt they'd be so foolish to do that.

#4 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

At the end when the were in Moscow. Its not a ski scene but certainly a snowy one.

#5 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

I keep saying it over and over again. Canada would make a fantastic Bond location. But for some [censored]ing reason the Bond producers don't want to film there, despite Britain's history with Canada.

#6 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

I keep saying it over and over again. Canada would make a fantastic Bond location. But for some [censored]ing reason the Bond producers don't want to film there, despite Britain's history with Canada.

Would love to see Bond in Canada. The best thing is, you could have Bond travel between a few provinces/territories and set the entire film in Canada, as each location could be wildly and culturally different. Start in the Maritimes, and hit up Quebec City then the west coast and Mo two spots would seem the same.

#7 TheManwiththeWaltherPPK

TheManwiththeWaltherPPK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

There is no reason for Bond to go to Canada. Yes, our past may be tied to Britain but our present is tied to the United States. I can't think of a single way that British political interests would be threatened by a scheme in Canada. We are CIA jurisdiction now.

#8 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

There is no reason for Bond to go to Canada. Yes, our past may be tied to Britain but our present is tied to the United States. I can't think of a single way that British political interests would be threatened by a scheme in Canada. We are CIA jurisdiction now.

So is USA itself but he has been there several times :) Canada ans Australia two big countries with British past didnt had one second in 23 films just interesting.

Anyway I will be happy to see 007 in Istanbul again, for the fourth time.

#9 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

So is USA itself but he has been there several times :) Canada ans Australia two big countries with British past didnt had one second in 23 films just interesting.

Anyway I will be happy to see 007 in Istanbul again, for the fourth time.

Quantum was quite interested in Canada. There may be something in that.

#10 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

I think he should ski, I think that would be pretty cool.!

#11 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

I don't care for ski scenes.
I'll have the snorkelling Bond over the skiing Bond any day!

#12 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

At the end when the were in Moscow. Its not a ski scene but certainly a snowy one.

I thought you meant that. Doesn't really count, no. :D

I can't imagine a ski chase for Craig, but a fist fight in the snow on a dangerous slope with people skiing past every 5 seconds would be quite cool.

#13 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

I don't care for ski scenes.
I'll have the snorkelling Bond over the skiing Bond any day!

I also missed underwater scenes, I am sure Craig wont go to space but they can handle both ski and underwater scenes, I think.

#14 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

I thought you meant that. Doesn't really count, no. :D

I can't imagine a ski chase for Craig, but a fist fight in the snow on a dangerous slope with people skiing past every 5 seconds would be quite cool.

Yes, like the one in OHMSS.
Maybe they can include "shinny" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinny which is popular in Canada.
I checked the sports here http://en.wikipedia....ki/Winter_sport and only Dogsled racing is the one that he havent experienced.