33 replies to this topic

#31 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

I myself am named Tiago ( I'm glad with a villain with the same name as mine), that's a Portuguese/Brazilian name. Curious enough, it's English version is James (references of translations worldwide, for it is also a biblical name). Maybe the writers are kinda saying that Tiago was some kind of James (Bond), a kind that went wrong. Silva clearly mentions he was one of M's favorites, as Bond is.

I hadn't seen this post about Tiago being James until now, and very cool. Indeed. Silva represents what Bond could have been. He felt betrayed by M for not letting him finish the job in the PTS. But when he hears about the MI6 bombing, he channels his urges into duty. Silva channeled his into criminal activity. He tempted Bond to do the same, "you could do your own secret missions, like I do." Bond can go 'rogue', but only when the cause is well-intentioned.

#32 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

I always thought it was obvious that Silva is an earlier version of Bond, just with a slightly different field of expertise. But working on the frontline of SIS and definitely in a kind of sabotage/black ops function. A kind of 0101-section.

#33 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

A kind of 0101-section.

Dustin, if you're not a writer yet, I wish you will seriously consider my suggestion of becoming one. 

#34 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Thank you, MkB!  ;)