SkyFall Videogame

8 replies to this topic

#1 DogWalker

DogWalker

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

(Read before you assume that this post is about a video game of SkyFall and relocate it)

I was alarmed when watching SkyFall how much of it reminded me of the setups of a videogame. From controlling characters (M) and having a sidekick who does very little (Eve) to the completely poor and very video game like helicopters arriving on Silva's island. Of course the awful CGI did not help. There were some other elements that struck me as like a video game but after only one viewing I cannot possibly recall them.

The de-mapping of Silva's code in Q branch

Did the above occur to anyone else?

#2 Tony_OO_Black

Tony_OO_Black

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Not really, to be honest. Not at all.

#3 DogWalker

DogWalker

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Take a look again. The helicopters on Silva's island is unquestionably Bond video game grade.

#4 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

The helicopters were poor, the whole laboured panning up and panning down, nice but would've worked better if the CGI wasn't ropey. Why couldn't they have shot a helicopter and superimposed it?

But no, I don't really think it was like a video game. You can say that about any film if you really analysed it.

#5 DogWalker

DogWalker

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

The CG was awful...Whilst the concept added another dimension to Silva the execution was awful...Also an explanation as to how his teeth maintained his face would help.

They should have superimposed. Also the approach to the island seemed to be CG as well (the island).

#6 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Well, yes, it wasn't a real island, although plates were taken of Hashima. It looked pretty genuine to me though. Without knowing, I wouldn't have noticed.

The Skyfall Lodge and Scotland CGI seemed particularly flawless to me.

#7 DogWalker

DogWalker

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

No there was a definite issue with the approach to the island, the helicopters, Silva's face and the awful green screen when Craig is on the Motorcycle as well as the CG glass when Patrice bursts through the window. Horrid.

SkyFall Lodge and the composite of the water onto the land was flawless.

#8 bonds_walther

bonds_walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Come on guys, you're talking about the CGI like it's as bad as the DAD ice surfing scene. Have you seen YOLT recently? ;o)

#9 Gothamite

Gothamite

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

My brother and I spotted a few beats that reminded us of videogames, but certainly not in a bad way, as you're suggesting.

The main thing I spotted was how Bond/M/Kincaid vs Silva's goons in the house was so similar to a GoldenEye/Bond FPS multiplayer mission. I actually thought that that was really funny, and hopefully it was intended to appear similar to that.