DVDs???

9 replies to this topic

#1 spankymoore7

spankymoore7

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 06:30 PM

hey, i saw a UK collection of all the bond special edition dvds in one set. why isnt there one for the US? does anyone know when the rest will be released and if there will be one big set of them. thanks

#2 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 06:49 PM

Thats a good question.. i was wondering that myself. Although, apparently the set is missing The Living Daylights, strange.

Rich

#3 Alexborn007

Alexborn007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 02:55 AM

It seems that MGM has pulled TLD from the marketing campaign due to the Afghanistan issues it has. Just wonderful...

Should be back for the second box.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 03:56 PM

Originally posted by Alexborn007
It seems that MGM has pulled TLD from the marketing campaign due to the Afghanistan issues it has.  Just wonderful...

Hmmm. I think we've determined this isn't the case as the TLD DVD is listed with the others as coming soon. In the US they're releasing them 7 at a time and in no particular order. Not sure if they'll do a set.

Speaking of DVDs...I've seen a couple bootleg DAD DVDs already on eBay. They were pulled, put they are out there.

#5 Alexborn007

Alexborn007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 09:02 PM

Originally posted by zencat

Speaking of DVDs...I've seen a couple bootleg DAD DVDs already on eBay. They were pulled, put they are out there.

Doesn't anyone see these people with cameras at the screenings?!

#6 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 03:13 PM

MGM will be releasing one set of the DVDs every year, with the complete series consisting of three sets.
These are the same DVDs that were available in 1999. I bought all three DVD sets in the period of one year back then as they were released all within the period of one year. I am not sure why they are spreading the releases out more this time around.

#7 5 BONDS

5 BONDS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 03:46 PM

Did you all notice how Live and Let Die and Licence to kill were not as good in picture quality as all the rest. These two were mastered by another digital compression company then all the others.

#8 007_JamesBond

007_JamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 05:20 PM

so then three years down the road all 3 box sets will be out? i have to wait till 2005 or so to get all the box sets? that is a pisser

#9 Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 08:46 PM

Does anyone who has the new edition of Licence to Kill know if the audio sync issue has been corrected. On the DVD that came out in 1999, at the end when Pam is driving the truck she says, "What are you waiting for? Get in!" and Bond replies, "Yes sir". These lines are completely out of sync on the old disc. Does the new one get it right?

Neil

#10 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 07:41 PM

TLD was pulled because Sam Neill objected to the inclusion of his audition footage...
I'm glad I picked up my copy in 2000.