8 replies to this topic

#1 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

stuck on the OHMSS part. as soon as it begins tracy speeds off and I can never catch up with her. I shoot the 3 snow speeders immediatly and hold forward on the L stick but within a minute she's out of my sight and the mission is failed. am i missing something?

#2 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

I had trouble with this too on the 360 it's the left bumper that causes you to speed up. Once i figured that out the level was easy

#3 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

nevermind, i finally figured out it's L2 to go faster, feels a bit akward, the controls were only on the screen for a second and if you miss it you can't get a second look, even if you exit and restart the level from the begining

#4 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Was bloody annoying but, the rest of the OHMSS levels make up for it... and then some!

#5 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

I kept knocking to the trees all the time!

#6 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Horrible level and a wasted opportunity. Ah well, the Piz Gloria level was fun at least.

#7 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Horrible level and a wasted opportunity. 

God! Even Tomorrow Never Dies' ski levels are funnier!

#8 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I must agree. The OHMSS ski level was probably shorter than the TND ones too. I think my time on it was 3:30 and that was my first completion, meaning it'd likely take less time if I did it again. I don't even think my time was that good on the Cold Reception level in TWINE (the Nintendo 64 version). Kind of sad that a Nintendo 64 ski level actually takes longer.

Still, the Piz Gloria shootout was very satisfying so that kind of made up for it. For the skiing, I would have ditched the "Tracy speeds away and you have to keep up" concept which was more annoying than entertaining.

Since the main missions took about 30-40 minutes each, I would have liked that for the skiing and driving missions. First half of the skiing mission could be the "shooting section" which would draw influence from the night ski chase when Bond escapes from Piz Gloria in the film. Either that, or include the escape on the cable car wire. Second half could be where you meet with Tracy and have to protect her as you ski down the hill which would be more fun than skiing into trees to keep up to her.

To me, that would have been less monotonous, more involved, and more engaging as a gaming experience to mix up different styles of gameplay within a single mission. More than just "critical stealth" and "okay, shoot everything" as it exists in the game.

#9 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I must agree. The OHMSS ski level was probably shorter than the TND ones too. I think my time on it was 3:30 and that was my first completion, meaning it'd likely take less time if I did it again. I don't even think my time was that good on the Cold Reception level in TWINE (the Nintendo 64 version). Kind of sad that a Nintendo 64 ski level actually takes longer.

Still, the Piz Gloria shootout was very satisfying so that kind of made up for it. For the skiing, I would have ditched the "Tracy speeds away and you have to keep up" concept which was more annoying than entertaining.

Since the main missions took about 30-40 minutes each, I would have liked that for the skiing and driving missions. First half of the skiing mission could be the "shooting section" which would draw influence from the night ski chase when Bond escapes from Piz Gloria in the film. Either that, or include the escape on the cable car wire. Second half could be where you meet with Tracy and have to protect her as you ski down the hill which would be more fun than skiing into trees to keep up to her.

To me, that would have been less monotonous, more involved, and more engaging as a gaming experience to mix up different styles of gameplay within a single mission. More than just "critical stealth" and "okay, shoot everything" as it exists in the game.

I'm with you 100% on that! Xmas :)