Skyfall Press Screening

4 replies to this topic

#1 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

I was lucky enough to attend the press screening on Friday 12th October and i can honestly say Bond is back - the "dream team" have done the series proud, the film is an absolute stunner.

I was wondering, did anyone else from the forums get to go? It would be cool to swap opinions :)

#2 5 BONDS

5 BONDS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

I was lucky enough to attend the press screening on Friday 12th October and i can honestly say Bond is back - the "dream team" have done the series proud, the film is an absolute stunner.

I was wondering, did anyone else from the forums get to go? It would be cool to swap opinions :)

I'm so glad you love it..I can't wait..please tell me the gun barrel sequence not being at the beginning..did it ruin your experience by any chance?

#3 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

I like the gunbarrel as much as the next Bond fan, but it's placement being anywhere other than the opening of the film wouldn't ruin the experience for me. I don't mean offence, but this is getting silly now.

#4 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

I like the gunbarrel as much as the next Bond fan, but it's placement being anywhere other than the opening of the film wouldn't ruin the experience for me. I don't mean offence, but this is getting silly now.

I generally agree with this opinion. Yes, the gunbarrel creates a frisson in every Bond fan's spirit, but what really matters is the quality of the story and the experience of the film. First and foremost, we're Bond fans. If the gunbarrel's not where we'd like it, we can handle it.

#5 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

I agree, as is the notion of EON being embarrassed or ashamed of the gun barrel. If that were the case, it'd be removed completely.