Bond 21 will be here very soon!

12 replies to this topic

#1 zvjl

zvjl

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 08:47 AM

I have it on good authority from an insider at 20th Century Fox that MGM are planning to rush Bond 21 to the screen. More details when I have them.

#2 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 09:49 AM

phew, i dont think i could wait three years for another one.

#3 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 01:05 PM

Thanks, I just need it to be 100% official before my celebrations start.

Looking forward to more news.

#4 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 01:48 PM

Yes, while that is great news, I want to hear it from the Powers That Be before I start counting down until...well...whenever...haha. Thanks for the info, though.

#5 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 05:25 PM

Oh good, I love it when they rush Bond movies out there. We can all have more Live and Let Dies and The Man WIth The Golden Guns. WHy don't these guys take their time and do it right?

#6 Zero Zero

Zero Zero

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 07:09 PM

I think it depends how we look at the term "Rush". For me, "Rush" or "Fast Track" would be within the next 12-18 months.

I can't see EON letting MGM or anyone else rush them into producing a Bond. They have a quality to their product that reduces when they are rushed. Think about it, they need to get a story outline, hire writers, find a director for hire... etc...

What we may see for B21 is a return to the famous 2 year cycle. That would be a "Rush" compared with a 3 year break in production! That said i'll bet that we are seeing Mr Bond hit our screens in 2004!

#7 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 08:19 PM

Hey Z:

I don't suppose you happen to know if this movie is based on a little story called "Heaven Isn't Too Far Away," or perhaps another story called "Mighter Than The Sword."

;-) Yes I am kidding...although that would be cute if we suddenly became useful to MGM again.

-- Xenobia

#8 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 09:42 PM

We have the star, writers, and Musical composer in place. I assume Purvis and Wade will come back. To be honest, I'd be surprised if they arent set as the defacto Bond script writers. Arnold is a shoe in, as he is now part of the family, and we know Brosnan will be back.

That leaves the director, and if what I'm hearing is true, they might want to sign Tamahori up for at least two more. With those things out of the way, they'd be on their way to getting Bond 21 out sooner than DAD.

#9 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 10:13 PM

Now all we need is a script, and I am willing to bet that this new movie will have something to do with Al Queda...and or holding back the US Government from doing something stupid in the Mid East.

-- Xenobia

#10 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 03:06 AM

Isn't Al Queda basically a real life version of SPECTRE? And if so, why hasn't Kevin McClory sued Bin Laden for stealing his organization?

#11 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 03:17 AM

Oh God I hope so! I can see MGM especially pushing for it and wanting to get it out as soon as possible if Die Another Day is as successful as we all hope it will be...sort of what happened with TMWTGG after LALD.

On second thought, if rushing the film out would degrade the quality of the film to that of TMWTGG... (don't get me wrong...I love the film but it's not exactly a work of art like TSWLM is)

Also, using Al Queda would be a little too political in my opinion and would tend to date the film in the way that the use of the Russo-Afghan war dates TLD.

#12 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 03:11 PM

Originally posted by IrishCrown
Isn't Al Queda basically a real life version of SPECTRE?  And if so, why hasn't Kevin McClory sued Bin Laden for stealing his organization?

Excellent.

#13 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 08:23 AM

Oh, I bet he's personally hunting down Osama Bin Laden for that. Heaven forbid anyone steal what HE so RIGHTFULLY "created"... After all, we don't want anyone to ruin his shot at making ANOTHER QUALITY MOVIE.

Sorry, just trying to make a few cracks. I'm tired...