14 replies to this topic

#1 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

As much as I try, I can't be sure of what is happening at 0:35 in this video (the scene features in other trailers, I believe):

It seems to me that:
- Bond tears something that looks like an assault rifle from the hands of a foe (very short shot)
- same scene seen from above, Bond and a couple of foes: the rifle is fired
- two (?) men fall in water, seemingly crashing through ice

Do I get this right? And are those three short scenes supposed to go together? The assault rifle fire seems to be the element making the ice crack, and causing the fall...
But anyway I'm confused about the location of the ice thing: where could it be supposed to take place?

Ideas? :)

#2 TheSilhouette

TheSilhouette

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

As much as I try, I can't be sure of what is happening at 0:35 in this video (the scene features in other trailers, I believe):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GLpmSFlHbM

It seems to me that:
- Bond tears something that looks like an assault rifle from the hands of a foe (very short shot)
- same scene seen from above, Bond and a couple of foes: the rifle is fired
- two (?) men fall in water, seemingly crashing through ice

Do I get this right? And are those three short scenes supposed to go together? The assault rifle fire seems to be the element making the ice crack, and causing the fall...
But anyway I'm confused about the location of the ice thing: where could it be supposed to take place?

Ideas? :)

You're right about the sequence of events. It takes place at Skyfall.

#3 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

Thanks! But how comes there's enough ice on the water to bear the weight several men, then? From the other Skyfall shots, the weather did not seem that cold, did it?

#4 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

It has to be Scotland. Where else would there be an ice-covered body of water illuminated from above by firelight?

#5 TheSilhouette

TheSilhouette

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

Thanks! But how comes there's enough ice on the water to bear the weight several men, then? From the other Skyfall shots, the weather did not seem that cold, did it?

That's a good question. I know they had a bit of fake snow around the set but I'm sure they'll "winterize" it a bit more in post production. I know the helicopter passes over a large body of water, but I don't think that's the one the fight takes place on.

EDIT: On a second look it could be the same body of water. At first I thought the whiteness was foam from waves but I think it's actually ice.

Edited by TheSilhouette, 24 September 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#6 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

I mean, how could an iced-over Loch be compatible with Bond's suit in this other Scotland shot? Not even an overcoat!
Posted Image

#7 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

Aren't they
Spoiler
. Maybe they didn't
Spoiler

#8 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Aren't they

Spoiler
. Maybe they didn't
Spoiler

Fair enough, but still it would not be a difference of more than 20°C, don't you think? Besides, there's no snow on the Three sisters of Glencoe, so why a snowy, iced-over loch a few miles from there? And if it was only a question of hasty packing, surely Bond would not be coolly standing in a freezing cold, would he?

#9 TheSilhouette

TheSilhouette

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

As far as I know, after Bond rescues M from the inquiry, they stop at the storage unit to get his personal car, and then it's off to Skyfall. It's hard to tell how much time has passed in those scenes with what we know.

#10 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

As far as I know, after Bond rescues M from the inquiry, they stop at the storage unit to get his personal car, and then it's off to Skyfall. It's hard to tell how much time has passed in those scenes with what we know.

That's what I am beginning to think... what if there was a long time lapse (months actually) between Bond taking M to Scotland, and the final at Skyfall Lodge?

#11 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

There's no time lapse as far as I know. I believe it's intended to be a day or two after the events in Whitehall. On a climatic level, I assume the argument will be that the temperatures plummet at night in this part of Scotland at the time of year that SKYFALL is set. Having said that, it's only Bond who seems impervious to the cold as everyone else has suitably warm clothing on!

#12 TheSilhouette

TheSilhouette

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

There's no time lapse as far as I know. I believe it's intended to be a day or two after the events in Whitehall. On a climatic level, I assume the argument will be that the temperatures plummet at night in this part of Scotland at the time of year that SKYFALL is set. Having said that, it's only Bond who seems impervious to the cold as everyone else has suitably warm clothing on!

Yeah I'm leaning towards this. Bond really hasn't been known for practicality when it comes to weather and his wardrobe.

#13 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Admittedly, it's a movie and they could just do that :) Still, climate-wise it would really be pushing things.

#14 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

What is this Skyfall people are talking about? O.o

#15 TheSilhouette

TheSilhouette

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew