Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Thought people might be interested in this. I don't think this has been posted:

http://www.amctheatr...ntent=home_page

Posted Image
Gear Up for SKYFALL with the Original Bond Movie One Showing Only: September 24 at 7pm

Half a century later, Sean Connery is back on the big screen as Bond, only at AMC. Relive 007’s original mission and you’ll be prepared for the latest installment in theatres this November.
Get a FREE full-sized commemorative poster at the showing.*

#2 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Cannot wait! Booking my tickets soon!

#3 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

I've got a participating theater within ten minutes of home. I've seen "Dr. No" on the big screen numerous times, but I'm still planning on being there.

#4 archer1949

archer1949

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

Since I live in hickville, USA, there isn't a theater within 200 miles of where I live playing this.

Oh well.....Back to the DVD.......

#5 Gobi-1

Gobi-1

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:19 AM

Why couldn't they have done this on a Friday or Saturday night when I could attend.

#6 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

I saw Dr. No in June of this year when the American Cinematheque in LA played all the official Bond films on the big screen. I am one to never miss an opportunity to see Bond on the silver screen and fortunately the AMC Century City 15 just down the road from me is showing this.

#7 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

I enjoyed this a lot this evening. There was virtually no local publicity, but they had a good house. Judging by appearances, they had lots of old guys, accompanied by their twenty-something sons. Rather like me, in fact. The audience laughed at most of the jokes, nobody caught the "fetch my shoes" line, and nobody got the reference to the Duke of Wellington portrait. People seemed to be having a good time, and I'm glad I got the chance to do this.

#8 clublos

clublos

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:49 AM

I enjoyed it as well. Not only was it shown in a Sony Digital Cinema with 4K, but the theater also had leather reclining seats. There was a good crowd and it seemed like everyone had a good time. I was amazed at how beautiful the film looked. Even projected digitally, it really looked amazing. Being able to see the lint on Connery's tux, the seam lines of his suits and minute details far off in the background made it such a worthwhile event. Even the day-for-night shots looked stunning.

All in all, a great time, but I was informed that a set of the blu rays would be given away at each of the screenings, but that was nowhere in sight. One of the theater employees must have run off with it.

#9 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

They held the drawing at my showing. A young kid won the blu rays. Good for him.

#10 bonded56

bonded56

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 410 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Does anyone have an image of the poster that was given away? Curious to see what it looked like. Is it the Golden Girl with the movie titles on the image thast we have seen?

Edited by bonded56, 25 September 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#11 Aziz Fekkesh

Aziz Fekkesh

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Yes, bonded56, it is the golden girl with all the movie titles. I've got to find a frame for it this week sometime.

Seeing "Dr. No" on the big screen was fantastic! The restoration was beautiful and I kept seeing details that were new to me.

How appropriate to see the film in the same metro area where Doctor No studied medicine.

#12 bonded56

bonded56

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 410 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Yes, bonded56, it is the golden girl with all the movie titles. I've got to find a frame for it this week sometime.

Seeing "Dr. No" on the big screen was fantastic! The restoration was beautiful and I kept seeing details that were new to me.

How appropriate to see the film in the same metro area where Doctor No studied medicine.

Thanks for the info. I was just wondering. I wish I could have gone to a screening.

#13 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

I went last night, and it was a lot of fun.One thing I noticed, and I may be late to this, but when M say's "Since I've been head of MI7" the "7" was kind of mumbled, or shortened, to sound like he said "Sev". I thought that was kind of interesting.

#14 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Well, he maybe wanted to test Bond... um...

#15 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

I went last night, and it was a lot of fun.One thing I noticed, and I may be late to this, but when M say's "Since I've been head of MI7" the "7" was kind of mumbled, or shortened, to sound like he said "Sev". I thought that was kind of interesting.

Yes, the line originally was "MI6" but they overdubbed it. A common explanation was that the Secret Intelligence Service didn't officially exist, and they didn't want to identify it on the screen, so they changed the line to "seven" to preserve the secret and tried to squeeze the new number into one syllable on the soundtrack to match the filmed image.

#16 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

Went to the Century City AMC. Good crowd. Had a great time. Hope Macartney007 made it as well. To bad nobody organizes "meet over coffee" for these kinds of events for the CBn crowd after the screenings..

#17 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Went to an AMC last night here in town. Great showing, full theater, and the restored print was outstanding! Good stuff!

For those interested, this is the poster they handed out last night.

Posted Image

If you missed the screening and want a copy of it (and it's pretty slick), there are some up on ebay:
50 Years of James Bond Poster

#18 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

Damn I wish I would have known about this, even so there isn't an AMC theaters anywhere around me which kind of sucks.