9 replies to this topic

#1 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

We all know that raven software was working on a bond game back in 2010 , and we had eurocom developing 3 bond games in three years , so what we will get in 2013 ??

Since there is no bond movie in 2013 we could have an original story game I think , and I dont see eurocom developing the next bond game after 007 legends , I mean they have to take a break after 007 legends where they can prepare for a bond game in 2014 .

Im re-watching bloodstone trailers and I really do think that we need a bond game like bloodstone with more effort .. its a great third person game , though some cons that can be fixed and improved .

What do you guys think ??

#2 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

I doubt they (EuroCom) are coming back for another Bond game in 2014, I'd prefer Treyarch to work on the next title, or Sledgehammer games, but they'll most likely be working on a Call Of Duty Title that year. I'd really want a stealthy-like First-person shooter with third-person cover mechanics. Much Like Quantum Of Solace.

#3 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Man, I watch that Raven Software game demo reel and always wish that is what we were getting but if 007 Legends has a modicum of success, kiss 3rd person goodbye. I'm not one usually for cheesy lines but as far as Raven goes and their games...

The job is done. The game is dead.

#4 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Unfortunately, the Raven game is cancelled. Especially with activision owning the Bond license, you can expect more Call of Duty clones and probably more Eurocom games. The fact that Blood Stone didn't sell very well and Goldeneye sold much better pretty spells out the way activision is going to go about the next Bond games.

#5 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

I think most of it has to do with the fact that GoldenEye was marketed more than BloodStone. I remember seeing a demo of the game on YouTube and the page on wikipedia. No trailer or tv spots.

#6 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

I think most of it has to do with the fact that GoldenEye was marketed more than BloodStone. I remember seeing a demo of the game on YouTube and the page on wikipedia. No trailer or tv spots.

Exactly. The deck was stacked against BLOODSTONE from the outset. Of course, the fact that it wasn't very good didn't help it any, but even if it had been the best Bond game ever made, it didn't stand a chance at the market place, as few people even knew it existed outside the Bond fan community and the hardcore gaming community.

#7 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Such a shame this adventure is gone. It looked genuinely solid, even at its early stages. Blood Stone wasn't great, but it was hardly a failure. As you all have mentioned, even the website was lopsided, the Goldeneye 007 tab overlapping the Blood Stone one.

#8 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

Quantum Of Solace has great replay value to it. Good online multiplayer and single player campaign. I've got every achievement for it and I still play it every November/December. GoldenEye Reloaded i beat 5 times in one week. The additional objectives and MI:6 Special Ops give it more of a challenge the next time you play it. I Loved BloodStone, I just can't see myself playing again. I haven't been since I beat it back in 2010. It's a fun game, but it's too short. I really wish Raven would've finished the game. I just want a fun stealth action spy game for Bond. I'd really like it if it all wasn't about run-n-gun, and more stealth like (like Splinter Cell and Rainbow 6)

#9 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

It really is a shame that Blood Stone wasn't marketed better. I still feel its the stronger of the two games. The story could've used a bit more polish, but gameplay wise, it was very good. I do agree that it would've been nice to get Raven's game as I believe it was a direct sequel to Blood Stone and did look promising. Alas, at least we have Skyfall....

#10 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:08 AM

I believe Raven's game was called Risico.