7 replies to this topic

#1 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Well Im looking for a book that contain a whole information and detailed description about james bond novels from the fleming ones to the latest bond novels .. Any ideas ??

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

Benson's BEDSIDE COMPANION is the closest we have at the moment. The updated '88 edition covers the books until then. After that: nothing. I don't know if there are plans for another attempt. Currently Benson's book is available as e-book, with plans to get it into print once more. I suppose anybody setting out to do another book on the novels will wait and see how Benson's sells.

#3 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

You might try The Bond Files by Andy Lane and Paul Simpson. The third edition, published in 2000, covers the novels through High Time To Kill and the 1999 Benson short story "Live At Five." It may be a bit hard to find, but it shows up on ebay from time to time.

#4 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

Ah, didn't know that. I'll have to check that one out.

#5 Stokes

Stokes

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

There is another edition of The Bond Files published in 2002 (which I believe is actually the third edition) and this covers the books up to 'The Man with the Red Tattoo', as well as a brand new chapter on video games to that point, as well as a pre-release breakdown (of what they could glean at that point) of 'Die Another Day'.

#6 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

There is another edition of The Bond Files published in 2002 (which I believe is actually the third edition) and this covers the books up to 'The Man with the Red Tattoo', as well as a brand new chapter on video games to that point, as well as a pre-release breakdown (of what they could glean at that point) of 'Die Another Day'.

you mean this one : http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_1725wt_1141

#7 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

John Griswald's book is really good. I would love to get another copy, won it here on CBN a few years ago and even got it signed. But sadly it and many of my other books got misplaced in our families move to FL. It's so easy to loose track of a couple boxes in a big move.

#8 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

An iPad and Wikipedia.