#1 sofierce20007

sofierce20007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 03:02 AM

I got this from http://filmforce.ign...7/377101p1.html

Berry's Bond Spin-Off?

Halle Berry's Jinx could get her own spin-off franchise.

November 12, 2002 - Yes, it's true... Halle Berry's Die Another Day character, Jinx, could be getting her own spin-off franchise. Rumors surfaced about the girl-powered secret agent flick over the weekend after Berry hinted at the idea in television interviews. When asked about the project, Berry told an E! News reporter, "I would do it in a heartbeat."

Somewhat surprisingly, MGM and Bond producers are taking the idea pretty seriously. Bond producer Barbara Broccoli, whose family is notoriously protective of the Bond brand, told Zap2it, "There are talks about it. We are considering it."

Co-producer Michael G. Wilson stopped short of confirming the new project, but hinted that Berry's Jinx will be back in some form. He says, "She is fantastic in the role, we loved working with her, we'd love to do it more."

Variety reports that Berry has already agreed to reprise her role as the sexy secret agent in Bond 21. The trade also scoops that screenwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade (Die Another Day, The World Is Not Enough) are already working on a treatment for the Jinx film.

Berry describes Jinx saying, "She's sexy. She's sure of her sexuality and how to use it, almost as a weapon."

-- Brian Linder

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 04:28 AM

In Bond 21? What the?

#3 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 04:33 AM

I just hope that if she reprises the role in Bond 21 that she only gets a few minutes of screentime. Sort of a Sylvia Trench reappearance I'd welcome, but no more major screen time. That's what her supposed spinoff should be for.

#4 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 04:38 AM

Interesting news. I think its great that she'll be back, I know others wont though :)

Wonder if its true.

#5 Dawn Vanquish

Dawn Vanquish

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 09:03 PM

Here here! I'm for a spin off set in the NSA world! And with Halle Berry? Yipee

#6 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 09:09 PM

A spin off would never work, it would be like all the other Mission: Impossible's, and XXX's that think they have a shot but fall short.

And besides, I thought Barabra and Michael would smart enough to know that they should wait for her turn out in DAD before just signing her on. Brosnan is different. You can sign him back for a few reasons, 1. He plays 007 and Bond ALWAYS returns. 2. He is an established and very popular Bond, it would take a lot more than one bad show (even though DAD looks perfect, u never know) to hurt his rep.

#7 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 01:04 AM

I agree with Paul above on that Bond 21 should see little of Jinx, he does not need the help, avoid the TND's part of making Wei Lyn too Female action Bond like, there's just this image of Bond being central in the action. However if its a female villian, that would be cool, I remember Wei Lyn almost being cast as a villain in DAD. If Jinx goes bad, that would be a neat twist. But wishful dreaming on my part.