Thanks for the alert, Lady Templar!

#3 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Looks like a fun read. Pity they all did not contribute in some manner, but Sir Roger is probably the more literate, anyway.

#4 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Thanks! I'll definitely read this.
It could be interesting to get an account from one of the Bonds himself, instead of an umpteenth book by a journalist...

#5 Jace

Jace

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

i wonder how this will compare to his Live & Let Die memoir and the previous Word is My Bond memoir?

#6 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

I´m mostly interested in what Moore will comment on the other fellas´ films.

#7 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

From what I gather that is the main aim of the book. Not so much a memoir or a compilation of anecdotes but a critical approach to the series by one of its defining actors. Although, given Moore's close ties to EON and his well-mannered, charming character I don't expect him to be too harsh with the product in general and his colleagues in particular.

Still, Moore is an insider and as such doubtlessly more qualified to an informed opinion than many so-called experts. He's able to give an idea about his feelings regarding a topic entirely without the use of rude language, and on top of that he knows the business and has a first-hand knowledge of the many, many difficulties and obstacles coming with the role of 007.

BOND ON BOND has the potential to be a unique work on the films and at the moment is the one book that interests me the most in this barrage of books coming in 2012.

#8 Jace

Jace

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

great! i like the sound of this being his own insider's view of the whole series.

#9 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Edited by quantumofsolace, 22 November 2012 - 02:00 AM.

#10 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

http://www.bridlingt...moore-1-5131380

#11 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

Going slightly off topic, did any UK Cbn members watch "Have I Got News For You" on BBC1 last night? This week's panel chairman was a certain Sir Roger Moore and very funny he was too. The expected references to Bond and The Saint were included - there was a round called "The Gunbarrel of News" and at the end of the show a shark tank suddenly appeared, into which the losing team were supposedly headed.

But Roger Moore's chairmanship didn't so much remind me of Bond, Templar or even Roger Moore himself, but the late lamented jazz musician Humphrey Lyttleton, who chaired one of my favourite BBC radio comedy quiz shows "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue". Sir Roger put on similar performance of combining slightly bored detachment ("I wouldn't be here if I didn't have this book to plug", he says, producing "Bond On Bond") and supposed befuddlement at what was going on, and pretence that he didn't understand some of the double entendres the teams were producing. Maybe it was his advanced years that made me think of "Humph" when watching the show last night, but he did make me laugh.

#12 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Just finished reading it last night. A quick, easy read made that much better by Sir Roger's signature sense of humor throughout. Even though there's a lot of stuff in there I already knew, there was plenty of facts that I didn't know that made it that much more enjoyable. While I liked My Word is My Bond, I always felt like Roger didn't give as many details about the films as I would have thought. This new book is the answer, and perhaps he was saving them. Lots of fun little stories. Highly recommended!

One of my favorites is when he mentions that if he won't reveal the names of everybody he tells a story about for his or her sake. He goes on to say that while filming one of the Lewis Gilbert films, one of the actresses was complaining that Lewis would always have her follow Bond around. This was not her first complaint of this sort. Finally, when she inquired why, Lewis responded, "Because he is f*****g James Bond!"

#13 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

http://www.empireonl...e.asp?BID=10265

#14 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

http://blogs.coventr...uaran.html#more

#15 Thevan7F

Thevan7F

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

I bought the Book. It mostly O.K. Roger Moore included Sean Connery's unofficial Bond movie Never Say Never Again. Not much on the latest Skyfall. I should give 9 out 10.

#16 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

I still haven't got this book but would like to, thanks for reviews QOS. Roger Moore watches re-runs of 'Are You Being Served?', my mom loves that show.