4 replies to this topic

#1 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 05:15 PM

A lunchtime trip to pick up the Attack of the Clones DVD netted some interesting Bond stuff also.

Circuit City is still running its Bond promotion. I decided to play the game while there. I got the game piece and won a poster, which is the U.S. poster and lists all the films titles and the 40th anniversary logo. The girl working the desk was kind enough to give me an extra poster also. I'm not sure if the promotion is not doing well for them or that location just hasn't had a lot of traffic for it. I asked her if I could get more once the promotion ends and she said I could check back with them. It ends the 17th. Anybody else interested may give it a shot at their local Circuit City if they have one nearby. Also saw an ad for the DVD collection there on a flat screen TV. It made them look great.

Nearby the Circuit City was a Target, where I picked up the DAD novelization for a discounted price of $5.25 before tax. And they also had the Bond Legacy book for a reduced price of $39.96. I was actually surprised to see it there. Target also had the DAD soundtrack, which was $14.92 and not on sale.

#2 WarBird

WarBird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 05:32 PM

I'm going to have to look out for the poster at circuit city. I think I've seen it before, does it have all the movie posters with the 40th anniversary lettering on it?

#3 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 08:41 PM

Originally posted by WarBird
I'm going to have to look out for the poster at circuit city.  I think I've seen it before, does it have all the movie posters with the 40th anniversary lettering on it?

No. It just has the title and the year of release. You'll need to get one of the game pieces to try get it for now. I didn't really read the rules, but you take the game piece and try to match it with symbols on a board. If so, you win one. But I would check back when the promotion ends if not a lot of people were playing and they may want to get rid of them.

#4 0010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 11:49 PM

Yeah, every piece is a winner for some prize, but it is almost always the poster. I think a couple of the other prizes were free movie tickets and some other electronics. Just ask someone from customer service for a gamepiece.

#5 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 11:59 PM

Wow...I thought it was just the 40th anniversary poster (Which I have already.) I'll have to stop buy Circuit City tomorrow night then.