#1 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Slightly oblique tweet from the writer/actor Gatiss:

A very happy morning fulfilling yet another childhood dream. Smiert Spionem!

Not sure; could be something else I suppose.

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Interesting stuff indeed. Could be Skyfall, or he could be working on a James Bond 50th tribute for Doctor Who? Maybe The Doctor meets Fleming?

#3 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hmm, well he was appearing in The Recruiting Officer at the Donmar Warehouse tonight, so if he was just filming this morning, it would just be a brief role I imagine. However, it's worth noting Sam Mendes' links to the Donmar itself. If Gatiss is not in the film itself, it wouldn't be a leap to imagine he might have visited the set.

#4 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hmm, well he was appearing in The Recruiting Officer at the Donmar Warehouse tonight, so if he was just filming this morning, it would just be a brief role I imagine. However, it's worth noting Sam Mendes' links to the Donmar itself. If Gatiss is not in the film itself, it wouldn't be a leap to imagine he might have visited the set.

And of course Gatiss has a big Bond mate in David Arnold. I notice someone else on his twitter feed mentioned Connery before he tweeted that Spionem gag... could have a brief role as a Mycroft-style civil servant, you never know.

#5 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Interesting stuff indeed. Could be Skyfall, or he could be working on a James Bond 50th tribute for Doctor Who? Maybe The Doctor meets Fleming?

That's the best WHO idea i've heard in years!

If this isn't happening, then it should be.

Well done - REALLY!!!

#6 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

Dickens, Shakespeare, Christie ....... FLEMING !
2013: C.R. 60th - DW 50th

#7 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

interesting? I guess it every childhood dream to part of Bond in the UK?

#8 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

I can just picture the scene. Having helped the good Doctor see off heaven knows what kind of malevalent aliens during an adventure set in WWII, we fast forward to the early 1950s. Mr Fleming has an idea to write the spy novel to end all spy novels, but has a block regarding what to call his main character.

Then the Doctor appears, idly scans a bookcase and, seemingly at random, pulls off the shelves "Birds Of The West Indies" and hands it to Fleming. The rest, as they say....... ;-)

#9 Compliments Of Sharkey

Compliments Of Sharkey

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

I can just picture the scene. Having helped the good Doctor see off heaven knows what kind of malevalent aliens during an adventure set in WWII, we fast forward to the early 1950s. Mr Fleming has an idea to write the spy novel to end all spy novels, but has a block regarding what to call his main character.

Then the Doctor appears, idly scans a bookcase and, seemingly at random, pulls off the shelves "Birds Of The West Indies" and hands it to Fleming. The rest, as they say....... ;-)

Nice! :)

Has to be done... this is TV gold!

#10 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

Fleming: Rather hot in Jamaica to be dressed that way, isn't it Doctor?
Doctor: I wear dinner jackets and black bowties now. Dinner jackets and black bowties are cool."
Fleming: Hmmm..."

#11 hoagy

hoagy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

Please read the other thread regarding the audio presentation of FRWL, with Toby Stephens again portraying James Bond for the radio broadcast. Mark Gatiss also is playing a part. Hence, the reference by Mr. Gatiss to the Russian for "Death to Spies."

#12 RufusCobb

RufusCobb

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Mark Gatiss plays Kronsteen in the radio adaption.

http://www.britmovie...-radio-4-a.html