#1 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Hey guys,

As many people here should know, I'm studying Journalism. I have to prepare an audiovisual production about how the media was hyping the Falklands/Malvinas war (I use both names in order to not offend anyone). My objective is to show that, while the Argie media was forced by the junta to show we were winning the war (otherwise they would be severely punished), what was said about this in the UK media.

Thanks for your help!

PS. I'm an Argie, but I support the Kelpers autodetermination, I love the British culture, I hate CFK and her goons, and I strongly condemn all the riots in the British Embassy in Argentina - you can believe me!

#2 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hi, Nicolas. If you can find it, you might try War In The Falklands, The Full Story, written by the Sunday Times Insight Team. In particular, you could check out Chapter 18, "The Other Casualty," which deals with press coverage of the conflict.

#3 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

If I understand you correctly, you intend to juxtapose contemporary British and Argentine coverage of the Falklands War.

The comparatively easy part, it seems to me, is to collect representative specimens of British journalism from that period. There are dozens of online collections of UK newspaper back issues dating back to that time. Most charge ridiculous fees for the privilege of searching their archives, but a few are free. You can find a listing here: http://en.wikipedia....#United_Kingdom.

My experience with Argentine newspapers is that online archives are virtually nonexistent, or extend back only to the nineties. But it sounds like you already have the Argentine materials that you need.

#4 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

thx guys!

#5 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

My experience with Argentine newspapers is that online archives are virtually nonexistent, or extend back only to the nineties. But it sounds like you already have the Argentine materials that you need.

Yep. Sadly, Argie newspapers virtual archive only starts in the 90s

#6 Mark_Hazard

Mark_Hazard

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Nicolas, I don't know whether this will work in Argentina, but there was an interesting piece on radio propaganda on The One Show last night:
http://www.bbc.co.uk...how_16_04_2012/
The propaganda piece starts at about 16 minutes, the part you'll be interested in starts about 21:20 minutes.

#7 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Thanks, but it doesn't plays on Argentina. Got a Youtube link?

#8 Mark_Hazard

Mark_Hazard

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Sorry Nicolas, I don't know enough about these things to know how to, maybe someone else does and can do it.