1 reply to this topic

#1 Bill

Bill

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

At the end of March, the largest (at least until Comic Con) science fiction, comic book and fantasy convention on the East Coast, I-Con, will be held on Long Island on the campus of the State University of New York at Stony Brook. It is the 31st I-Con, featuring a variety of guests.

This year, Docking Bay 516, a Long Island based Star Wars and related areas fan group will be putting on, I think, 50 hours of programming throughout the weekend. Of interest to Bond fans will be two James Bond panels--one a discussion on the Bond girls, which will be a mutli-media presentation, and the other will be a James Bond trivia contest with some really cool prizes!

I will be putting on the Bond panels, and I hope to see some of you there. There will be two Bond related guests at I-Con as well--Jeremy Bulloch, best known as Boba Fett, but also a veteran of three Roger Moore Bond films--a Naval Officer in The Spy Who Loved Me and Q's assistant Smithers in For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy, and John Peel, who has written Doctor Who, Star Trek, Quantum Leap, and of interest here, novelizations of the James Bond, Jr. animated series episodes.

The convention is heavy with some Doctor Who guests, including Paul McGann, the Eighth Doctor himself, as well as his on screen companion, the delightful Daphne Ashbrook. (I have met her several times before and she is a great lady--one of the nicest actresses you will ever meet). There will be other Doctor Who guests as well as other actors and writers.

Their website is iconsf.org. Check it out- and join us.

P.S. I would love to have true Bond fans play the Bond trivia!

#2 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

Holy crap! Cant believe I missed this! I am an alumni from Stony Brook and never attended an I-Con event because i didnt think bond would be involved. Im so pissed I missed this!