47 replies to this topic

#31 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

Aside from the presence of major characters, neither bear much resemblance to their source material in terms or story or structure.

Accordingly, updated.

I suspect we may be at cross-purposes here.

#32 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Aside from the presence of major characters, neither bear much resemblance to their source material in terms or story or structure.

Accordingly, updated.

I suspect we may be at cross-purposes here.

Yes...

#33 BourneAgainBond

BourneAgainBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

Once [...] the original ideas become crap

That's probably not going to happen, because no core idea is bad. Not even DIE ANOTHER DAY. The core idea there is a villain who wants to reunite the two Koreas, and is as much of a danger to the North as he is to the South. It was the execution of that idea that failed, but with a few tweaks to the storyline, it could have been significantly better.

I always thought that DAD was great until they introduced the; ice palace, Icarus the satellite, and the DNA story line.
I thought Icarus was too Bat-Man Forever and corny, the diamonds was enough of a throw back to DAF
I just wish they dropped the whole DNA thing altogether and focused more about the diamonds aspect of the story and the villains overall plot.

and if they were going to do a story about North Korea and have all these throw backs to previous 007 films, how did they not end up using the "hotel of doom" as a villain's lair?
shame on them for missing it. it just seems like it was made for a bond film and would have been better IMO then a ice palace or airplane

Posted Image

after running out of money during construction the building was left unfinished and empty for like 16 years and is considered, "the closest we've come to building the death star."

http://www.esquire.c...-of-doom-012808

Wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia..../Ryugyong_Hotel

#34 BourneAgainBond

BourneAgainBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

what is this forum about haha oh yes story ideas

well i can't think of any off the top of my head but i hope and i believe one day they will create a story that will explain how bond got his licence to kill back which they never explain in GE

the idea about water thinker is kinda batman begins
the idea about the swiss francs is a little goldfingerish but i like it and it sounds bondish and would seem original cause i don't believe they have done a money laundering plot yet

#35 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

well i can't think of any off the top of my head but i hope and i believe one day they will create a story that will explain how bond got his licence to kill back which they never explain in GE

I believe it's implied at the end of LICENCE TO KILL that M has been in touch with Felix to offer Bond a new job.

#36 BourneAgainBond

BourneAgainBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

I believe it's implied at the end of LICENCE TO KILL that M has been in touch with Felix to offer Bond a new job.

good call i throw in the dvd and jumped to the end scene and just like you said while talking to felix he does say that "M might have a job for him." so my bad
or maybe i already know that and just wanted an excuse to jump to the credits and hear that song "if you ask me to" haha but seriously i love that song

#37 Pushkin

Pushkin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

One idea of thought about - and I am sure it's not new - would be a movie where Felix Leiter and Bond work very closely together for the entire film. I think this would have work quite well for Quantum or perhaps Skyfall ... It would show the development of their relationship and how they became such close friends as bond's career went on. While we certainly see the alliance begin in CR and continue on in QoS, it's certainly not clear to me that they have become close friends.

My guess is the producers probably wouldn't ever consider this but who knows.

Cheers

#38 BourneAgainBond

BourneAgainBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

Being how I'am Canadian. I would like to see the return of Stana Katic who played Corrin Veneau, a Canadian agent and Yusef's target in QOS. A film featuring Canadian would be even better although as for as a story goes. I can only think of; Bond meeting Stana at a hockey game and she sneaks them the American boarder to meet Felix Leiter or the Alberta oil sands.

Posted Image

Edited by BourneAgainBond, 24 February 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#39 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

Being how I'am Canadian. I would like to see the return of Stana Katic who played Corrin Veneau, a Canadian agent and Yusef's target in QOS. A film featuring Canadian would be even better although as for as a story goes. I can only think of; Bond meeting Stana at a hockey game and she sneaks them the American boarder to meet Felix Leiter or the Alberta oil sands.

I would not mind a story involving Canadians, just not her. As far as I'm concerned, I'm kind of finished with the Quantum story and the characters. Nothing personal to you, I'd just rather see more newer and original ideas with fresh new characters rather than bringing a character from an old story arc. Kind of sounds redundant since Felix can be brought back, but whatever haha.

#40 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

I would like to see the return of Stana Katic who played Corrin Veneau, a Canadian agent and Yusef's target in QOS.

Back when QUANTUM OF SOLACE was released, a lot of people thought that BOND 23 would see Bond in Canada. The problem with this is that Corinne performs a very specific function in the story - Bond gets closure on Vesper's death by preventing somebody else from falling into Yusuf's honeytrap. As good-looking as Katic is, bringing her back may potentially jeopardise this.

#41 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Being how I'am Canadian. I would like to see the return of Stana Katic who played Corrin Veneau,

I'd very much like to see Stana Katic return to the series as well. It was a complete waste of her talent to have her cast in a role that, in all honesty, could have been played by any actress currently working in the industry, or even by a model with virtually no acting experience.

I don't think bringing her back necessitates a storyline where Bond is still searching for closure on Vesper. That ship has sailed. Her character could be made entirely different from Vesper, with their only similarity being a connection to Yusef, which would not really be an issue anymore given that he's in MI6 custody and would no longer be a factor.

#42 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

Will Bond ever defuse a nuclear bomb again? and if so, how long until it will happen again?

Edited by S K Y F A L L, 05 April 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#43 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

In 003... I mean 007 seconds.

#44 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

Being how I'am Canadian. I would like to see the return of Stana Katic who played Corrin Veneau,

I'd very much like to see Stana Katic return to the series as well. It was a complete waste of her talent to have her cast in a role that, in all honesty, could have been played by any actress currently working in the industry, or even by a model with virtually no acting experience.

I don't think bringing her back necessitates a storyline where Bond is still searching for closure on Vesper. That ship has sailed. Her character could be made entirely different from Vesper, with their only similarity being a connection to Yusef, which would not really be an issue anymore given that he's in MI6 custody and would no longer be a factor.

I completely agree, and as I stated previously I feel the Quantum story arc is finished (for now) Let's move on to something fresh. She is a very beautiful looking woman, so I wouldn't having her back as a new character at all haha.

#45 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

I completely agree, and as I stated previously I feel the Quantum story arc is finished (for now) Let's move on to something fresh. She is a very beautiful looking woman, so I wouldn't having her back as a new character at all haha.

It would be fantastic for EON to bring her back as another character. It's not like it's never been done before (Charles Gray, Maud Adams, Joe Don Baker to name a few), and she had so little screen time in Quantum of Solace, so I could see it happening with little problem. I just find it to be a shame that they wasted her talent on a part that could literally have been played by anyone.

Edited by tdalton, 05 April 2012 - 04:52 AM.

#46 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

Exactly what I was going to say with Gray, Maud, and Joe etc. Maybe if they expanded Quantum Of Solace her character would have done the same as well, but I doubt it since Forster was so picky about having the film be 2 Hours +. Her role could've been palyed anyone, you're absolutely right I remember sitting in the theater wondering why the actress from Castle was in the film for literally 2 minutes. If (and hopefully) EON brings her back as a fresh new character of course. It would be great.

#47 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Posted Image

Also, Bond NEEDS to go to Canada. They've been to the United States, why not Canada? The British are Canadians are buddies, I'm still surprised that after 50 years, Canada was not a location ONCE, yet the US was several times. I could see Bond cruising down Lakeshore or downtown Oakville,

Posted Image

Or Bond visiting parliament,

Posted Image

There are so many locations! How could they not consider this country?

#48 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Canada's royal theme is, "God safe the Queen." Then again I'm sure we're not the only country with the Queen still on their money.