EPIC

#32 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

"Snow Job" is one of the most rousing cues Barry ever wrote. Quite a rousing cue, Rich. This project of yours is the most polished, impressive Bond music you've done to date.

I'm trying to remember if SERPENT'S TOOTH had much in the way of relaxed moments; I seem to recall it being exceptionally action-heavy, as well as pretty bonkers, with both flying saucers and dinosaurs! So perhaps not as much room for low-key romanticism and mood music, but might we hear something along the lines of an awe-filled track like "Flight Into Space" from MOONRAKER?

#33 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Harm, you read my mind :). The next cue is very Barryish in nature as it builds to a climax to follow bond as he's trapped inside a huge dome base being submerged into the ocean.

All tracks can be downloaded HERE

Track 5 - Dome Submerged
http://richdouglas.net/bond/serpentstooth/SerpentsTooth_5_DomeSubmerged_RD.mp3

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Great stuff Rich! Can I ask, what library did you use to get that deep subharmonic pulse in "Alive, Only If Possible" that's driving my dog crazy, and the OHMSS-like buzz in "Dome Submerged"? Really cool effects.

I've got to say, you've come a long way mate. I'm loving these stripped-down cues.

#35 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Thanks man!

Sure thing, the subtle electronics come from a little library called hybrid tools:
http://8dio.com/?btp...rid-tools-vol-1

And the OHMSS like bass is from an old korg M1 synth.

#36 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Was the M1 sound a preset or something you made from scratch? I once managed to do a good recreation on my Yamaha DX7, but I'd lost the RAM cartridge, couldn't save it, and since forgot how I did it.

#37 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

A tweaked preset that I mangled years ago.. lol... no clue how I did it exactly, but it seemed fitting for the Dome bit.

#38 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

What a great cue!

And I have to say, as absurd as the moment from the comic is, the image of water gradually overtaking the sky would be pretty spectacular on film (assuming it was done with restraint, and wasn't just some awful-looking CGI monstrosity).

#39 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

Thanks!! I totally agree...in fact the scene as it was imagined in my head was exceptionally cinematic and what prompted the cue in the first place.

Im not sure about making a film out of the ST books...but they might lend themselves really well to a video game or animated series. More music soon!

Rich

#40 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Im not sure about making a film out of the ST books...but they might lend themselves really well to a video game or animated series.

Oh, I'm not sure a film version would be altogether that splendid. But that moment, at least, would be neat to see on the big screen. (With your score, of course.)

#41 Satorious

Satorious

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 470 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Wow - really liking the Dome Submerged track, very Bondian - well done Rich.

#42 Killmaster

Killmaster

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

REALLY excellent work!! "Dome Submerged" is pure Bond. Your "adaptations" are exceptionally well done, but your original pieces shine. You just keep getting better and better. Please don't stop offering us these gems to enjoy.