This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Theme song for next BOND movie performed by....

37 replies to this topic

#1 robster006

robster006

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 07:33 PM

Well,

According to MTV News holland a thought was proposed to the singing aussie sisters Kylie and Dannii Minoque. They are asked to perform the 21st Bond theme song after Madonna. And have a little cameo in the movie itself as well. Talk about copycat behaviour! haha. Well, I wonder what it's going to look like to see Kylie and Dannii have a little hot threesome with Bond. I don't know if they actually are going to do the thing, MTV Holland make it sound like they already agreed, but the new film hasn't even premiered yet, so things might change in the near future. Just reporting what I heard!!!

Have a great day!!!

ROB

#2 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 07:38 PM

Way too early to tell. I remember seeing a TWINE rumor that Metallica would do the title theme. Obviously that didn't happen.

Anyway, I really hope either of them stays away from the film. I don't care for Kylie and I don't think we need another pop song for Bond 21 (though I like the DAD theme!)

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 07:43 PM

I find that news hilarious really. Kylie - okay, yeah she'd sell well in a few regions. Danni? Is that meant to be funny?

And all up, honestly, this early in the game?

#4 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 08:27 PM

I say it's too early to tell.....

As to canidates, that's a tough one. They've certainly "covered the waterfront" on talent and music in 40 years.

Maybe it's time for a repeat.

I wouldn't mind hearing Sir Paul again if he were game...and whatever DID become of the unreleased stuff Clapton did in the late 80's?

When was the last time we had a great intrumental piece? An OHMSS for the new century would be cool.

#5 walther

walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 08:43 PM

A friend said Nelly should perform the next Bond theme...HA!

#6 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 09:06 PM

I would love to see Tom Petty or The Rolling Stones to do a hard ballad for Bond 21.

~LTK~

#7 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 09:07 PM

Folks...folks...I am still waiting for Sir Elton to work his magic on the series.

-- Xenobia

#8 BondChick4ever8

BondChick4ever8

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 09:31 PM

Oh my god Nelly would be hilarious! But I don't think that'll go over so well...he's not really 'the bond type' but could u imagine Nelly singing "Pimp Juice" In Bond 21? LOL Just the thought of it makes me laugh!

#9 RayBros007

RayBros007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 200 posts
  • Location:Jacksonville FL! Home of SuperBowl Thirty-something...

Posted 11 November 2002 - 10:31 PM

I think that either Sting, Elton John, or U2 should do the next theme;) ...

#10 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 12:02 AM

Originally posted by RayBros007
I think that either Sting, Elton John, or U2 should do the next theme;) ...

Yes we will now a man see do the Title song again.
I wil see Elton John do it and mabey a cameo as Villian for him in Bond 21.
For the first time i heard Madonna, i think o no,but i like it now.
Mabey for the same story about U2.
But i wil heard not a Rock song like Tombraider as title song. :)
sting,i don't no.

I wil see Tom Jones for the second time do the Title song of a Bond movie.
Mabey a Cameo for him to in the movie.

#11 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 12:21 AM

Bryce, I like your idea of an instrumental theme a la OHMSS. And McCartney is always welcome.

I have another suggestion, although this is a name that will probably mean very little (if anything) to CBners outside the UK: Ian Brown (former lead singer of now-defunct 80s and 90s British rock group The Stone Roses turned solo artist). I've been listening to his new album "Remixes of the Spheres" and have been struck by how Bondian much of it sounds; maybe he's a David Arnold fan. I think Brown would be an excellent choice either for a theme song or an instrumental piece.

#12 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 02:20 PM

Well, there's one thing that's certain - get David Arnold and Don Black involved.

I've been saying for years now, and have wanted this for Die Another Day back before there was even a title or cast - where's an instrumental theme? Have Arnold team up with Propellerheads again. I'm telling you - it would be great.

Just as long as Arnold's composing, and Madonna's keeping away from this one (her song, in my opinion, is just horrific).

#13 Predator_007

Predator_007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 05:09 PM

Like the idea of Ian Brown, but I just think most would be turned off by that slightly snearing, nasal voice of his (not very sexy cool super spy really ...)

My vote would be for Muse ... anthemic, expansive and if you listen to their last album, I could swear 'Magalomania' is a Bond theme already ...

#14 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 01:20 AM

Sting would be my choice. After Madonna, there's not much talent flying around, but a established artist like Sting, always creative, would be refreshing, Madonna could sing another one, I don't mind, if she wants too, but after so many women singing it, I enjoy Tom Jones Thunderball, and Aha The Living Daylights alot, so male artists should not be excluded.

Sting's done soundtracks for films, vastly clever with lyics, I always wanted Madonna to do a Bond tune, and when I heard she was doing it, got my wish, now I hope Sting does it, he's British like Bond, popular, talented, why not.

#15 Johnny Tower

Johnny Tower

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 03:38 PM

I've always wanted to see Seal perform the song... see if he can have the same success he had with "Kiss From A Rose" for the "Batman Forever" soundtrack. He's also my favorite musician... even though it takes forever for him to release his albums... usually worth the wait.

#16 Adam

Adam

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 04:23 PM

Even though she's disappeared off the face of the planet, I think Fiona Apple would be great...just play "Criminal" during any of the title sequences and you'll see how it fits.

#17 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 02:19 PM

Originally posted by Johnny Tower
I've always wanted to see Seal perform the song... see if he can have the same success he had with "Kiss From A Rose" for the "Batman Forever" soundtrack. He's also my favorite musician... even though it takes forever for him to release his albums... usually worth the wait.

Wow, been awhile since I've heard his name...

Seal actually wouldn't be a bad idea - good call. If he teamed up with Arnold and Black, I"m sure they could produce a very solid song.

#18 iceberg

iceberg

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 387 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 02:53 PM

Like the idea of Seal doing the next Bond Theme.

And for a "oh-what-the-hell/wishful-thinking" choice, I'd like Enigma's Michael Cretu as a candidate. Or Delerium. But of course, that will never happen.

#19 Alexborn007

Alexborn007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 09:05 PM

Call me crazy, but I think Radiohead could do a very bizarre and eclectic theme. Bjork could do an interesting job too, but I'm too busy thinking about DAD to be concerned with Bond Blackjack right now.:)

#20 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 09:38 PM

just so long as it's a male singer and Arnold cowrites it with Don Black...

#21 Felix_Leiter

Felix_Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 09:50 PM

Bond 21 theme song must be done by The Rolling Stones. I can't believed they have been overlooked for so long. It would be bloody amazing! Can you even fathom how intense and brilliant it would be? Maybe, dare I say, a cameo by The Stones? It's time for a male singer(s) to do the theme song. Remember "Thunderball"? "Live and Let Die"? "The Living Daylights"? "A View to a Kill"? All of them classics. I think I've proven my point.

#22 Martini

Martini

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 01:40 AM

Didn

#23 jeff319

jeff319

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 01:44 AM

Metallica would be a FANTASTIC choice. Look at the orchestrated versions of "Until it Sleeps" and "Outlaw Torn," those songs sound like they could be Bond themes.

#24 Peaceful

Peaceful

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 05:05 PM

I've heard a rumour that they (the producers) may ask duran to do another one
Not sure if this is true or not

#25 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 05:32 PM

What about DAVID GRAY singing a kind of 'Thunderball' meets 'Live And Let Die' kind of song?

#26 Citan Trevelyan

Citan Trevelyan

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 05:48 PM

Anyone BUT Madonna...*Shudders*

#27 Felix_Leiter

Felix_Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 05:56 PM

If not the Rolling Stones, why not go the OHMSS route and have it be an instrumental piece? OHMSS theme is absolutely brilliant, something like that could really shake things up.

ps. Someone mentioned the idea of Duran Duran doing it again. I think that might actually be a good idea.

#28 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 06:11 PM

William Shatner, or bust.

#29 Double oh Ten

Double oh Ten

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 08:26 PM

I wouldnt mind seeing someone bring an RnB or Latino feel to the Bond song like Garbage and Sheryl Crow brought an indy feel to the theme.

#30 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 01:09 AM

Dido would be a great choice as well, British, beautiful, talented, succesful.

I like the Seal choice as well.