2 replies to this topic

#1 Jackanaples

Jackanaples

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

So, I was noodling around online and came to Wikipedia's article concerning Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's novel The Lost World. Reading down to the section on radio and film adaptations I saw mention of this:

The Lost World (2000; radio)

Edward Fox as Narrator
Jonathan Pryce as Professor Challenger
Pierce Brosnan as Lord Roxton
Rob Brydon as Edward Malone
Sean Connery as Professor Summerlee
Diane Parish as Gladys Hungerford
Antonio Banderas as Gomez

James Booth as Zambo

Upon searching diligently on the internet, I could find no mention of who produced this, where it aired, etc. Does anyone know anything about it? I suspect it's just a pack of nonsense posted on Wikipedia by some idiot fan, but I am hoping it exists. Though if it does, it would seem to me that Sir Sean wiould make a better Challenger than a Summerlee.

#2 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

It seems there was a Lost World adaptation in 2000 as part of the Radio Tales series from Generations Productions... but that cast list has got to be fake! I mean, Connery and Brosnan in a radio play together; even given that radio isn't exactly the public's medium of choice these days, this would have come up once or twice on here wouldn't it?

#3 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

I can't find any site that confirms or denies this....not sure what site would put up a radio cast though...