This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Bondposters.com has reached OVER 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS! THANK YOU!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Bondposters.com

Bondposters.com

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

Bondposters.com has reached OVER 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS! THANK YOU!

Reaching this figure is rather diminutive compared to the numbers achieved on forums like this, but as a one-man band so-to-speak & with limited web design experience (technical or otherwise), I believe I have done well and I am proud of what I have accomplished so far (it is not yet complete).

I created this website as a FREE reference tool for all James Bond poster collectors, as well as poster enthusiasts as a whole. The website is growing each month and is being used by thousands of people worldwide – this is just what I wanted.

It has and always will be a labour of love, but one that I will never cease expanding for the good of our hobby.

I would like to thank all those who have supported me from day one, all those who have supported me since then and all those who continue to & will begin to support me in the future.

I appreciate all the kind words that have been said about me and my website. I can’t thank you enough.

All the best,
Adam Carter

Edited by Bondposters.com, 22 December 2011 - 09:46 PM.

#2 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

I appreciate the effort and time that you have obviously invested in the site. My only qualm is the resolution of some of the posters.

I happen to know of a site where every Bond poster imagineable is available for free at extremely high resolution (most of their posters are over 3,000 pixels by 3,000 pixels). I do custom covers and require artwork that is over a minimum of 2,000 pixels on either axis.

PM me for details :)

#3 Bondposters.com

Bondposters.com

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

Hey,

I think I know which site you refer to.

I do have to say, however, that my website is the only one of its kind, dedicated exclusively to James Bond posters and compliant with all copyright.

There is a reason why my images are fixed at 500px ...
... It's to do with screen sizes.

I actually use 17inch and 32inch screens as my monitors and the images fit well into the screen size, however, most people from my extensive research use 15inch screens, sometimes smaller. The 500px length means that the images when opened fit nicely on all screens.

I could increase the size?
But that would take a long time to do as it would involve uploading the images again.
What size would you suggest?

Also, please remember my website is for reference only - it is not for downloading and reproduction purposes, hence the watermarks.

Thank you,
Adam

#4 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

Congrats, Adam :) Great work.

#5 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Well done, Adam. Congratulations!

#6 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Good on ya Adam, keep up the good work:)