The spy who loved me soundtrack

31 replies to this topic

#1 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

I have always enjoyed the spy who loved me soundtrack. The sad thing is that it did not have all the cues that played in the movie on the soundtrack. I have always wanted to find the orignal score for the ski chase in the start of the movie. I also really want to get the score when bond has the underwater battle with his car. Does anyone know where you can find any of these scores with no sfx. I am looking for all the scores that played in the movie without the sfx but I cant find them.

Edited by bond is back in action, 16 December 2011 - 09:09 PM.

#2 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

With the exception of the theme song, the soundtrack is a re-recorded and re-arranged collection of tracks, that bare little resemblance to the underscore in the film.

With the 50th Anniversary next year, EMI might consider restoring the original master tapes for a complete release.

#3 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

With the exception of the theme song, the soundtrack is a re-recorded and re-arranged collection of tracks, that bare little resemblance to the underscore in the film.

With the 50th Anniversary next year, EMI might consider restoring the original master tapes for a complete release.

I hope they do. I really want those cues!

Edited by bond is back in action, 16 December 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#4 Syndicate

Syndicate

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

I hopfully EMI/Capitol Records will do that with the soundtrack of having every one of the scores. I sure would get it, IF they do release it. I hope MCA/Universal will release Licence To Kill again, and add any scores back in there. IF there are aay missing from the soundtrack.

#5 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

I hopfully EMI/Capitol Records will do that with the soundtrack of having every one of the scores. I sure would get it, IF they do release it. I hope MCA/Universal will release Licence To Kill again, and add any scores back in there. IF there are aay missing from the soundtrack.

They needed to add cues to Dr.no, the spy who loved me, moonraker, and die another day!

Edited by bond is back in action, 16 December 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#6 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

Die Another Day is probably the most complete Bond score out there. It's not hard to find.

I hope they do. I really want those songs!

I know this sounds rather picky, but could we refer to pieces of film music as "cues" and "pieces" rather than "songs" please?
I know it sounds rather "elitist" but you wouldn't refer to, say, Wagner's "Trauermarsch" as a song either.

#7 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Die Another Day is probably the most complete Bond score out there. It's not hard to find.

I know this sounds rather picky, but could we refer to pieces of film music as "cues" and "pieces" rather than "songs" please?
I know it sounds rather "elitist" but you wouldn't refer to, say, Wagner's "Trauermarsch" as a song either.

sorry cues

DO you know where to find the spy who loved me unrelased cues?

#8 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

We have more or less the recording sessions for DAD, no such thing exists for TSWLM. Yet.

There are bootlegs, but they all contain sound effects.

#9 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

We have more or less the recording sessions for DAD, no such thing exists for TSWLM. Yet.

There are bootlegs, but they all contain sound effects.

Is it possible to remove ths sfx?

#10 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

If it was, nobody had to pray for any unreleased score finally see the light of day.

#11 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

If it was, nobody had to pray for any unreleased score finally see the light of day.

TRUE

#12 Mr. Arlington Beech

Mr. Arlington Beech

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

I just would be pleased if they finally release- the real- YKMN (movie version). Altough, to have a remastered, and in the best of the scenarios a complete, "army version" of Nobody Does It Better, would be nice too.

#13 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

Most of the score of The Spy Who Loved Me is available in clean form in the rear channels of the Ultimate Edition DVD. Granted, it's not perfectly balanced (bass level is too high, but that can be fixed), but it's there. About the only signficant cue that can't be extracted without SFX is the ski chase music.

Edited by mattjoes, 17 December 2011 - 11:41 PM.

#14 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:54 AM

Most of the score of The Spy Who Loved Me is available in clean form in the rear channels of the Ultimate Edition DVD. Granted, it's not perfectly balanced (bass level is too high, but that can be fixed), but it's there. About the only signficant cue that can't be extracted without SFX is the ski chase music.

Do you have the Ultimate Edition?

#15 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:21 AM

I extracted the Russian audio track from it in ac3 format and separated each cue (still have these raw materials). The music is in the SR and SL channels, although the volume is too low and, as I said, the bass is too high. I fixed these things, but I'm sure another person can do a much better job at noise reduction and mastering than me.

Here's a list of cues that can't be ripped without SFX (at least by me): the Ski Chase, the film version of The Tanker, the film version of Ride to Atlantis, the music of the shootout aboard the Liparus (tracked from the underwater car scene, which is basically clean, so no problem), and the cue that plays when they first try to break into the control room (with the grenade). May have missed a cue or two. The music of the underwater car scene has minimal SFX that can be removed by replacing the problematic bit with another part of the same cue.

I like this score. It's good stuff.

#16 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

I extracted the Russian audio track from it in ac3 format and separated each cue (still have these raw materials). The music is in the SR and SL channels, although the volume is too low and, as I said, the bass is too high. I fixed these things, but I'm sure another person can do a much better job at noise reduction and mastering than me.

Here's a list of cues that can't be ripped without SFX (at least by me): the Ski Chase, the film version of The Tanker, the film version of Ride to Atlantis, the music of the shootout aboard the Liparus (tracked from the underwater car scene, which is basically clean, so no problem), and the cue that plays when they first try to break into the control room (with the grenade). May have missed a cue or two. The music of the underwater car scene has minimal SFX that can be removed by replacing the problematic bit with another part of the same cue.

Can I have the underwater car scene one?

#17 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

Yes. Here it is for everyone to enjoy: http://www.4shared.c...Underwater.html

#18 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:57 AM

Dude thanks so much. Try to do more from the spy who loved me soundtrack!

#19 Leo R.

Leo R.

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

Dude thanks so much. Try to do more from the spy who loved me soundtrack!

Nice one! If you've got more... If necessary, you can PM me.

Edited by Leo R., 23 December 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#20 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

Can you Pm if you have more! The underwater chase rocks!

#21 Mr. Arlington Beech

Mr. Arlington Beech

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

Could you upload Nobody Does It Better (Army version), please??

#22 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

Here you are: http://www.4shared.c...tles_-_Nob.html

I'll be uploading more music, but first I'd like to fix some drastic volume changes and then hand the cues over to somebody who can do a good job at reducing the noise levels without destroying the music in the process.

#23 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

I'll be uploading more music, but first I'd like to fix some drastic volume changes and then hand the cues over to somebody who can do a good job at reducing the noise levels without destroying the music in the process.

I can do that!

#24 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

I can do that!

No, no... you just take care of those bags. ;-)

http://screenmusings...ages/DN_100.htm

(Sorry, couldn't help myself; carry on... :-P)

#25 Mr. Arlington Beech

Mr. Arlington Beech

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:38 AM

Thank you.

#26 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

Many thanks for that. Not my favourite score, but any new music is always welcome and that is one of the fun pieces.
(Someone, also, did the same for all of MOONRAKER, by isolating the back sounds).
It would be nice if they were all re-issued and expanded this year as they are now up for grabs, but I doubt they will (This is something promised since the 25th anniversay and never came to fruition).
Pity, as the early tapes are slowly disintegrating.

#27 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

Many thanks for that. Not my favourite score, but any new music is always welcome and that is one of the fun pieces.
(Someone, also, did the same for all of MOONRAKER, by isolating the back sounds).
It would be nice if they were all re-issued and expanded this year as they are now up for grabs, but I doubt they will (This is something promised since the 25th anniversay and never came to fruition).
Pity, as the early tapes are slowly disintegrating.

Someone already uploaded the link.

#28 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:04 AM

Hmmmm.... bet I could remaster these a bit :). Matt, if you'll pm me a link to a zip with everything youve ripped I'll see what I can do!!

Rich

#29 bond is back in action

bond is back in action

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Hmmmm.... bet I could remaster these a bit :). Matt, if you'll pm me a link to a zip with everything youve ripped I'll see what I can do!!

Rich

Hey Rich I am a big fan of your music! Hey can you create a new bond trailer theme?

Edited by bond is back in action, 31 December 2011 - 12:16 AM.

#30 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

he has... several times.