24 replies to this topic

#1 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

Hey guys. My 21st birthday is around the bend and in America that means I'll be hitting the bars. I've been getting some input of what my night of inebriation should include but I thought who would know better than CBn about a mean drink list? Be it how to stir together the perfect vesper, finding the best bourbon, or personal favorite ale, I was wondering what is your guys' suggestions on what are must drinks, Bond or not?

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

Lafite Rothschild 2010. Tastes like ten grand; only costs six. Bargain.

#3 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

Does it look like I give a damn? :cooltongue:

#4 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:11 PM

Here's a list of some of my favorite drinks/shots:

Beer: Bud Light (Licence to Kill), Molson Canadian, Labatt Blue, Hoegaarden, and Red Stripe (Dr. No)

Mixed Drink: Vodka (preferably Smirnoff) and grapefruit juice

Shots: Irish Car Bomb (drop a shot of Jameson (whiskey) and Baileys into a half pint of Guiness and chug quickly) and Jägerbomb (Jägermeister and Red Bull)

#5 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

Righty, you are aware that Jägerbomb is a weapon ostracised by the UN? Much worse than dumdums...

Edited by Dustin, 05 December 2011 - 06:23 PM.

#6 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

Righty, you are aware that Jägerbomb is a weapon ostracised by the UN? Much worse than dumdums...

?

#7 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

Hey guys. My 21st birthday is around the bend and in America that means I'll be hitting the bars. I've been getting some input of what my night of inebriation should include but I thought who would know better than CBn about a mean drink list? Be it how to stir together the perfect vesper, finding the best bourbon, or personal favorite ale, I was wondering what is your guys' suggestions on what are must drinks, Bond or not?

Before we get to drinks, some advice:
- Eat a big meal of steak and fries a couple of hours before you start the drinking
- If you are going to drink the hard stuff don't over do it; stick to clear liquors
- Make your last drink an ice water and 3 aspirin
- Keep a glow-in-the-dark extra large, ribbed condom in your left trouser pocket at all times; place it such that even if you are handcuffed to a fixed object you can reach it with your free hand

Drinks:
- I don't recommend martinis for beginners, but if you are feeling sporty go with Grey Goose Vodka; it's so refined you'll barely taste the alcohol and your body will process it easier than something cheaper
- If you insist on bourbon, go with a Maker's Mark Manhattan; order it dry and without the cherry to keep it manly
- Stay away from Red Bull; even someone your age shouldn't be drinking that stuff

Cheers!

#8 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

?

Kidding.

#9 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

Eric Stromberg is right; you always want to eat before and after drinking. Take aspirin before you go to bed to try to prevent a headache the next morning.

#10 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

Ahhhh it's like I'm being coddled by fellow members. Precious ;) Thanks for the good tips so far guys.

#11 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:49 AM

I like Crown & Coke; Bacardi & Coke & of course a Vesper. My big thing is drinking & driving-don't do that crap. A good drink isn't worth screwing up your life. If you dont eat a meal I suggest peanuts, crackers or pretzels or chips to munch on. For cheaper options, I suggest Seagrams 7 for Crown & Grocery store rum isn't bad either. For vodka I like Smirnof as Grey Goose is way overpriced IMO. Plus to stay even cheaper-drink at home. Most places water down their booze anyway then double charge. Got that last one from a former bartender. Not all bars do that, but still. Cheaper to drink at home.

#12 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:57 AM

hcmv007 is right; it's much cheaper to drink at home. However, going to the bar with friends is a great way to socialize with your friends as well as make new friends.

#13 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

Before we get to drinks, some advice:
- Eat a big meal of steak and fries a couple of hours before you start the drinking
- If you are going to drink the hard stuff don't over do it; stick to clear liquors
- Make your last drink an ice water and 3 aspirin
- Keep a glow-in-the-dark extra large, ribbed condom in your left trouser pocket at all times; place it such that even if you are handcuffed to a fixed object you can reach it with your free hand

Definitely agree with these.

I'm a big fan of rum and single malt whisky, but I've also got a thing for shots. Namely those involving Kahlua, Crème de Menthe, gin, vodka, cider, Baileys Irish Cream, Black Sambuca and/or Amaretto.

Choose wisely my friend.

#14 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

Had a lot of eggnog last night. It's like drinking alcoholic custard. Delicious and appropriate for the time of year but not very manly.

#15 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

Ahhhh it's like I'm being coddled by fellow members. Precious ;) Thanks for the good tips so far guys.

And don't forget to brush your teeth and put on your 007 jammies before crawling into bed. :D

#16 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:42 AM

Always been a fan of Captain Morgan mixed with Coke, Sprite or Ginger Ale. Jim Beam Red Stag with Coke tastes like cherry coke. Beer wise, I enjoy Blue Moon and any domestics. Basically if someone throws alcohol in front of me, chances are I will drink it. I prefer to stay away from Jagermeister though.

#17 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

Hot chocolate & Peppermint Schnapps is also a great Christmas drink.

#18 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

First, Happy near-birthday!
Second, I suggest Bollinger RD. Or Bollinger Grande Année (1996 if you can get one).

#19 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

For the Bollinger we suggest this.

Posted Image

#20 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

One of my favourite shots is the Brain Hemorrhage. Fill glass with three quarters peach schnapps, add one quarter Baileys Irish Cream (can never get enough of this stuff - that's the Celt in me), and a few drops of Grenadine.

Posted Image

Good for Halloween.

#21 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

Another great shot: Alien Secretion

#22 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

Another great shot: Alien Secretion

On a similar note: Mr. Blofeld's favourite shot

#23 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:50 AM

My drink of choice is always bourbon on the rocks. Preferably Woodford Reserve.

#24 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

British, Belgian and American craft ales, and German lagers.
Red wine with nuance.
Single Malt Scotch, neat. Highland, lowland, island. All are welcome.
The Martini. And what I mean by that is blue-cheese stuffed queen olives speared like Vargas and drowned like Vesper in either gin or vodka, or both.

#25 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

Single malt whiskey for the winter and beer for summer. That's what I prefer. And of course shots. But, one at a time. Never combined.