#1 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 05:28 PM

Top Gear: Sunday 10th November - 08:00pm on BBC Two

Jeremy Clarkson and the rest of the Top Gear crew will tonight be demonstrating how to turn your car into a gadget packet Bond car. I'm expecting it to revolve mainly around navigation equipment and in-car entertainment, but i woulnd'nt rule out weaponry as this weeks main feature (ie. the bus jump from 2 weeks ago, and the dohnuts from last week).

Recentley Mr Clarkson fitted a Corvette with a system that allowed him to drive the car by remote control, similar to the BMW 750il from Tomorrow Never Dies. Guests include Steve Coogan, and a world rally championship driver, who will try to discover what is wrong with Formula One at the moment.

Sorry, for the last minute warning i just stumbled upon this by chance.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 08:00 PM

heh, so please tell us what happened!

#3 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 05:44 PM

the show started with Damon Hill and Jeremy Clarkson test-driving the V12 Vanquish, and a Fezza 575-M Maranello. They were trying to decide which was the better car, the Ferrari came out tops of course.

Moving on the "Stig" (anonymous racing driver) went to see which car had the better track time, the Ferrai was 1 second faster than the Aston (which on first attempt spun out on the wet track, and nearly crashed).

Next up was a line-up of executive saloons ranging from the Renault Laguna, to the Ford Mondeo, to the BMW 3 Series. These were all track tested and weighed up.

Next was the F1-Criticism, followed by a walk-through of the gadgets on the cars of Die Another Day, interestingly a bullet proof screen was shown on the Jag, something which hasnt been shown before i think. A 40 second or so clip was shown from the chase also.

Following on was guest-star Steve Coogan of Alan Partridge fame, he was discussing how Mr Partridge will be driving a Lexus in the new series, and wearing Linx Java deoderant.

Unfortunatley the gadget packed car is still in development, they had a budget of

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 07:30 PM

Please let us know (and drop me a private line about it too please Jason). I'd really love to know what they get in there for