• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 11:36 PM

From TheNewTNN.com
BOND AT HIS BEST

NOVEMBER IS BOND MONTH ON THE NEW TNN

Bond At His Best
James Bond. The name is synonymous with cutting-edge action, thrilling adventure, and suspense-filled espionage. His suave, cool demeanor and reputation rival that of any other man. Since exploding onto the screen forty years ago, Secret Agent 007 has become the most famous hero in the world, the key figure in the most successful film franchise in history. To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the James Bond films and the release of the 20th Bond film Die Another Day, The New TNN is proud to present Bond At His Best Week.

Bond At His Best Week brings you fourteen of the best classic Bond films on The New TNN, hosted by Pierce Brosnan and Halle Berry of the new Bond film Die Another Day. Sponsored by Ford, Norelco and the new MGM film Die Another Day, Bond At His Best Week begins on Tuesday, November 19th with From Russia With Love. So catch all the gadgets, villains and of course the famous "Bond girls" this month on The New TNN.

From Russia With Love (1963)
Tuesday, Nov. 19th at 9pm ET/PT
Wednesday, Nov. 27th at Midnight ET/PT

The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
Wednesday, Nov. 20th at 9pm ET/PT
Friday, Nov. 29th at Noon ET/PT
Sunday, Dec. 1st at 6pm ET/PT

On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
Thursday, Nov. 21st at 9pm ET/PT
Thursday, Nov. 28th at 5:30pm ET/PT

Dr. No (1962)
Wednesday, Nov. 27th at 9pm ET/PT

Goldfinger (1964)
Thursday, Nov. 28th at 9am ET/PT

Thunderball (1965)
Thursday, Nov. 28th at 11:30am ET/PT

You Only Live Twice (1967)
Thursday, Nov. 28th at 2:30pm ET/PT
Saturday, Nov. 30th at 3pm ET/PT

Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
Thursday, Nov. 28th at 9pm ET/PT

Live And Let Die (1973)
Thursday, Nov. 28th at Midnight ET/PT
Sunday, Dec. 1st at 3pm ET/PT

The Man With The Golden Gun (1974)
Friday, Nov. 29th at 9am ET/PT

Moonraker (1979)
Friday, Nov. 29th at 3pm ET/PT

For Your Eyes Only (1981)
Friday, Nov. 29th at 6pm ET/PT

Octopussy (1983)
Friday, Nov. 29th at 9pm ET/PT

Never Say Never Again (1983)
Friday, Nov. 29th at Midnight ET/PT
Saturday, Nov. 30th at 6pm ET/PT

Bond At His Best Week is brought to you by The New TNN, the Ford Thunderbird, Norelco, and the new MGM film Die Another Day.

I have to say I'm now extra excited. It sounds like TNN is going to do it right (Take notes ABC). And I'm really looking forward to seeing On Her Majesty's Secret Service on television again.

#2 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 11:48 PM

If that is the Best Of Bond, how comes some are missing? Mainly the Dalton and Brosnan eras? Are they against some of the better Bond actors? Why are they not showing them all?

#3 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 01:52 AM

Originally posted by Tedley King
If that is the Best Of Bond, how comes some are missing?  Mainly the Dalton and Brosnan eras?  Are they against some of the better Bond actors?  Why are they not showing them all?

It's not that they have anything against Dalton or Brosnan. It's simply because TNN only has the rights to show the films upto Octopussy. TBS still has the rights to A View to a Kill (which TBS is showing on the November 19), The Living Daylights, and Licence to Kill. NBC has the rights to GoldenEye. And CBS has the rights to Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is not Enough (which they aired last week). Until TBS, CBS, and NBC end their contracts this is the best we will get. And unlike ABC, TNN is showing all of the Bond films they have the rights to. And hopefully we will have no repeats of the digital underthings that ABC treated us with.

#4 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 04:11 AM

This may be some pretty good places to pick up some promos for those who like to tape these sorts of things. I know I'll be trying to get at least a few of these.

#5 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 04:15 AM

Plus with Pierce and Halle hosting there might be a couple of other items of interest.

By the way, I've just found out that TBS will show Licence to Kill on December 26.