14 replies to this topic

#1 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

Like In The Description Stated Before, This Site Is Definitely Worth A Look At Whether Your A Serious Memorabilia Collector, Or Just A Serious Fan Of The Bond Films. I, Being The Latter Of The Two, Found Some Of The Replicas On This Website Pretty Cool. There Are A Number Of Well Done Replicas As It Seems, Including Everything From A Replica Set Of Steel Jaws Teeth, To The Tracking Device Bond Uses In Goldfinger !

#2 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

They do look, and I remember seeing a video on hear about them. The weired thing is, is that you can preorder them on ebay but I can't seem to find them on the actual Factory Entertainment website.

#3 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:15 AM

Look at that: they dropped the price of the Golden Gun by $40.

Oh well - having had mine since January: priceless.

#4 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

Look at that: they dropped the price of the Golden Gun by $40.

Oh well - having had mine since January: priceless.

Always Dreamed Of Owning One.

#5 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

As did I.

I watched for such a replica, or plastic model, or anything from Jan 1975 onward. I even tried to make one in wood shop, but of course it turned out crap.

There never was a replica made until 1995. SD advertised it in Starlog (along with the TB rebreather and the MR wrist dart gun). It was listed at $750 US, which would have rounded up to an even grand before it ever got to me. As I could not beg or borrow that much at the time, I had to pass it up, only to see the guns trade on EBay for 3,000 Euro later on. That hurt.

I monitored Corgi and then Big Chief when they announced that they were going into production, and when Factory Entertainment finally announced that theirs was going to happen (and for a fraction of the price), I was practically first in line to order one (#147, to be exact). For me, Christmas 2010 didn't really come until Jan 25, 2011.

Since then, I've felt like Smiegel the gollum (or Sheldon and Leonard on The Big Band Theory when they came across one of the original LOTR prop rings) - I now have my "precioussss" and desire no further material possessions.

It's a thing o' beauty, BTW, and assembles just like it does in the film. (I started a thread titled 'Shroedinger's Golden Gun' back in January, bit it didn't draw much attention.)

Get one - it's worth it.*

*(This post is not intended as a commercial endorsement for Factory Entertainment, nor am I affiliated with the company, except as a satisfied customer.)

#6 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

Has the Golden Gun actually been released, because back in July I had pre ordered it from a dealer on abay, and tells me that it wont be released till late October/early November. The dealer is claiming that the item is in pre production.

#7 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:55 AM

You shouldn't have to order from a dealer - order directly from factoryent.com (they have a depot in England as well as in California). Why pay more to a middleman?

The first run sold out months ago, and the second run announced recently. I waited six months for my delivery, and it was definitely worth it.

Can't say why it wouldn't appear on the FE website - it was still there last time I looked. Try googling "factory entertainment golden gun" it will take you directly to the ordering page. It says if you order now, you'll see your gun by June 2012 (the price is $479.oo now, BTW).

Edited by AMC Hornet, 23 October 2011 - 06:03 AM.

#8 Poor Man's JB

Poor Man's JB

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:51 AM

Here's a link to the 007 page on the EF site, though they still aren't showing the most recent products.

Nothing against ordering direct from EF, but do be sure to check eBay and especially Craigslist: owing to the economy, etc, I've found folks dumping these replicas for a fraction of the original cost; I've picked-up the tarot cards and golden gun (though I already had the US Games and SD Studios versions) each for less than half the MSRP.

#9 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

I ve just contacted FE and they tell me the Golden Gun will be shipping out towards the end of November of this year. Just need to wait for the when they will release the wave 2 of the props

#10 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

Factory Entertainiment have got back to me and said the second wave of replicas is due around this time next year

#11 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Last fridy I've recieved the Golden Gun from Factory Entertainment (I actuely bought it from someone on Ebay).  It was a new one, still in the box etc...

My question is: inside the box in the middle of the styrofoam is an empty compartment, is this ok, or is there something missing?

All the five pieces are present: the pen, the cigarettecase, the lighter, the cuffling and the bullet. So what is missing?

I meant friday ofcourse... my keybord is not terrific.

#12 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Anyone?

#13 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

Did you get just one bullet, or an additional box of five?

That was a premium included for those who ordered the first run in 2010. If you only got one bullet, then the space was probably made for the others.

#14 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for your reply! That's the info I needed.

I've got just one bullet, so you're probably right!

#15 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

I looked on the box and I've number 611 of 1000. That's not the first run I suppose?