Introduction to RateMyCollection.com

2 replies to this topic

#1 ratemycollection

ratemycollection

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

Hello, my name is Lee and I am the founder of http://www.ratemycollection.com.

The RateMyCollection site has been designed to be a fun and easy place for users to exhibit, share and promote their collections. There are many different categories and users can post pictures, valuations and discussions topics in relation to their collections. You can also feature in further details up to 10 Featured Items.

The site is free to use and registered users can submit news articles and events and list their ebay shops or other Collecting related businesses in the site's Business Directory. We're based in the UK, but we are hoping to make the site a global success.

The site is centred around a rating system that drives the placement of your listings. Collection can be ranked by the viewer based on a number of attributes (most views, highest rating in category, highest rating overall) to suit their interest.

The site does not require any personnel information so collection listings are totally anonymous.

We see the site as complementing forums such as this one, giving users the opportunity to link to their collection exhibits.

We'd love to get some James Bond collections on the site. So if your an avid collector of James Bond, why not exhibit them at www.ratemycollection.com

Try it out, if you like it tell others, if not tell us by posting here, posting on the site or by e-mailing [email protected]

Also there is a Limited Edition Founder Members Badge Promotion. Limited to 500 badges T&C's apply. Check out the site for further details.

Good Luck with your collections.

#2 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

Hi,

Your categories would fit those from here looking to discuss books, but there doesn't appear to be a section dedicated to film/movie collections.

Unless I have missed the blindingly obvious, which is always possible.

#3 ratemycollection

ratemycollection

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

Thanks Simon for pointing that out. I've created a category and sub category:
-> Movie Memorabilia -> James Bond