11 replies to this topic

#1 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

Don't think this has been mentioned here, but for those unaware Diana Rigg gave and hour long conversation about her professional career. She spoke about the filming of OHMSS and working with Lazenby, and gave her version of that garlic eating story. Rigg talking about OHMSS is very rare, and i've not known her speak about it publically since OHMSS was filmed.

"Mark Lawson talk to Diana Rigg"

#2 Col. Sun

Col. Sun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:02 AM

Don't think this has been mentioned here, but for those unaware Diana Rigg gave and hour long conversation about her professional career. She spoke about the filming of OHMSS and working with Lazenby, and gave her version of that garlic eating story. Rigg talking about OHMSS is very rare, and i've not known her speak about it publically since OHMSS was filmed.

"Mark Lawson talk to Diana Rigg"

Thanks for the link. Wonderful interview. Nice to hear her put the story straight about Lazenby from what she observed. I totally believe the Dame's account
is spot on.

#3 S.P.E.C.T.R.E_Agent_44

S.P.E.C.T.R.E_Agent_44

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for the link. Wonderful interview. Nice to hear her put the story straight about Lazenby from what she observed. I totally believe the Dame's account
is spot on.

Definitely Agreed.

#4 Revelator

Revelator

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

The video is not viewable in my part of the world--would anyone be able to give a short synopsis of Rigg's comments on her OHMSS experience?

#5 TCK

TCK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

The video is not viewable in my part of the world--would anyone be able to give a short synopsis of Rigg's comments on her OHMSS experience?

Yes. Same problem here. :rolleyes:

#6 robdread

robdread

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

Can't access it either. I'm really interested in what she has to say.

#7 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

Hopefully in time the whole interview will get some exposure across the globe. It's a really good piece on a great actress.

#8 lazenbyland

lazenbyland

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

This link should work in the rest of the world.

http://max.mailbigfi...b/listFiles.php

The OHMSS bit is in the first few minutes and at 34 minutes. She is full of praise for the film and Lazenby's performance in the film. She hasn't always been so however.

Even Joanna Lumley's new book "Absolutely" praises the film and Lazenby.

#9 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

I watched the programme the other night. She wasn't whole-hearted in her praise of George Lazenby, but said more about OHMSS than I'd ever heard her say before.
She talks about how difficult Lazenby was on set. Whilst she concedes that his performance was good and he looked great, she says that he was "the architect of his own downfall" and that he was throwing his weight about on set throughout the production and acting like "the star" he imagined he was.
She acknowledges that she was basically there to be the "professional actor" partnering Lazenby who was "a model". She also denied the garlic eating reports and declared that she was proud to have done the film.

#10 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

Yes. Same problem here. :rolleyes:

Can't access it either. I'm really interested in what she has to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiRaiidtTYQ&feature=player_embedded

#11 JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

The fact that she thinks Lazenby wasn't offered any more movies makes me think it was more of a personal problem with Lazenby, not necessarily shared by the film makers and crew.

#12 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

According to the HMSS Webblog, Rigg had this to say about Lazenby:

"I know why I did it….George Lazenby was ill-equipped. He was a model, a male model. I was there to steer him through and give it some gravitas."

On working with Lazenby: "He was really difficult. It’s not for nothing they didn’t offer him any sequels. He was just difficult…He thought he was a film star immediately and started throwing his weight around."

I guess she didn't know that Lazenby had decided not to do any further Bond movies.