4 replies to this topic

#1 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

This is an outstanding pic and I urge anyone who hasn't seen it yet to rush out and catch it.
Brilliantly written (how long before Bond producers seuccumb and tap up Vaughn and Goldman for a script) and perfectly realised it's a dark, atmospheric and incredibly tense piece of work. My only quibble might be with the ending, but everything else is first class.
Jessica Chastain and Jesper Christensen are terrific and she is going to be a massive star.

Very interested to hear others thoughts

J

#2 Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

The wife, and I saw it last weekend, and we both really enjoyed it- not quite what we expected, but we thought it was a good, tight story, and very well done. :tup:

#3 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:19 PM

I saw it last week. I thought it was first rate, although I found the ending a little vague and abrupt.

#4 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

Great film, I was waiting for it to come out since last year. Something happened with the studio that it was shelved until now. Why hasnt James Bond done anything with Mossad? Its a very revered Intelligence agency. It would make for a great storyline if Bond has to get involved in a middle east terror ring or something. It would really ring true with the times. The 60s had the cold war, now we have terrorists as the major threat to Western civilization

#5 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

Also it does make the most sense for a Mossad agent to be female compared to other intelligence agencies since all citizens have the duty of military service due to its small population size in such a hostile area to protect itself from terror threats. Making it very easy to find an actual Israeli actress that does have military training and adding that realm of realism to the role.