10 replies to this topic

#1 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:30 PM

I've been MIA a long while, I know. But, after four published novels, my writing career tanked more than a decade ago. And, finally, I acquired the wherewithal to get back into gear.

I've begun a new blog that may be of interest to anyone here who writes or aspires to write: www.rebmacrath.blogspot.com.

Reb MacRath is my new pen name and the blog chronicles the efforts of two published Midlist Monsters to overcome the Midlist Curse and turn out a bestselling mystery. The blog will cover the challenges we face in collaboration...and also my own struggles to overcome pathetic computer limitations. As we acquire the information, we'll also pass along in time the names of agents who really are looking for new writers, etc.

Check it out now and then. And thanks for having me back.

#2 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

I head to the web address and it tells me there's nothing there...

Anyway, glad to have you back!

#3 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

Nice to have you back dodge. Had been wondering where you went off to.

#4 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

Oi! Have found the blog: http://www.rebmacrath.blogspot.com/

#5 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

Harms, Dustin and Matt, thanks for the kind words. It is good to be back, even on a more restricted basis.

I do have a technical question that perhaps one of you may be able to help with: re the Comments capability on the blog. So far I haven't succeeded in completely enabling it. I mean, I could only enable it for anyone, anymously. If I or anyone, even Brad Strickland/my new writing partner, try to register in order to leave a signed Comment...no dice.

I'd be much obliged if anyone can help. We're all in this together. And if you can help, then I'll owe you.

Cheers!

I head to the web address and it tells me there's nothing there...

Anyway, glad to have you back!

I'm puzzled because so far no one else seems to have had any problem. www.rebmacrath.blogspot.com

Any chance you were putting in a question mark between rebmacrath and blogspot?

#6 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

What's that, a "blogger" account, isn't it?

I'm not sure but I think there must be an in-between setting between (sic!) all-and-sundry-anonymously and no-comments-at-all. Are you sure comments aren't just waiting for moderation? Should be a queue there or something.

EDIT: It's probably the dot at the end of the link; that's why it doesn't show up as link. When I deleted it I instantly found your blog.

Edited by Dustin, 07 September 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#7 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

What's that, a "blogger" account, isn't it?

I'm not sure but I think there must be an in-between setting between (sic!) all-and-sundry-anonymously and no-comments-at-all. Are you sure comments aren't just waiting for moderation? Should be a queue there or something.

EDIT: It's probably the dot at the end of the link; that's why it doesn't show up as link. When I deleted it I instantly found your blog.

Thanks, Dustin. I think you're right about the dot at the end--and I've sent a PM to Harmsway to ask if he might have used the usual "@" mark between rebmacrath and blogspot, rather than a period. I'm sure he'll get through presently. As for the comments, I think the problem is deeper. Santa's registered as a Friend and there's a Send PM link her to entry, but I'm blocked from responding: One message tells me I'm already registed, the next says I must be registed in order to respond! Oh, well, if that's the least of my worries with the blog, I can live with it for now--hopefully, those who want to be identified will add the info to their comments.

Cheers and thanks again.

#8 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Got to the site. And the comments seem to be working for me when I visit your blog as a registered user under my Google account.

#9 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

I've been MIA a long while, I know. But, after four published novels, my writing career tanked more than a decade ago. And, finally, I acquired the wherewithal to get back into gear.

While I've never had any of my creative writing published, I'd say that just by climbing back into the saddle you've already taken the most important step. It's a cliché, I know, but keeping going is the most crucial thing (oh, and enjoying it).

#10 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

About that comment feature: if Harms can comment under his Google account and you as blogger can't it's probably to do with the cookies. I suspect you may have to contact their support about the matter. I'm sure you're not the first to encounter it, they usually should be able to help you.

#11 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

A short update you'll be glad to hear: CBn has clout! On my blog I've conducted numerous tacks for scoring Google 'dings'. The heading used for this thread resulted in one. The experiment goes on.