10 replies to this topic

#1 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 07:48 PM

This will solve a way to get Pierce's 6th done, I think if he's thinking about doing a sixth, and Bond 21 is in 2005, then thats 2008 for a 3 year gap, or a 2 year gap to 2007, which makes sense, but I think filming 2 Bond films , back to back, would so cool. Maybe 2007 could be the year for the new Bond, and Bond 21 and 22 could be released in 2005/2006, one year gaps like the Connery years, but film together. Bond 21 will be a more contained spy type story, giving Pierce more room to act, and Bond 22 will up the stakes as his last film, that would be very exciting.

Lord of the Rings were filmed back to back, Matrix Reloaded and Revoloutions. Pierce could get 2 films done in one year. And I think more profitable, if one was a lower budget one, and one more bigger.

This is a dream of mine, haha, but I think it would be cool.

#2 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 08:57 PM

I think its a great idea, also I think that P.B must do 5 in 2005, 6 in 2006 and 7 in 2007, 2009 or 2010 could be the years of the new Bond.

#3 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 10:06 PM

It's a good idea as it'd give pierce a chance to do more Bond films with less time to age but they'd have to be careful with the fashion and political situations and anything else that could date easily over a year.

Depending on how "fantastical" Die Another Day is, Bond 21 could be its Moonraker and go a little further or its FYEO and take things back to basics (but unlike FYEO don't make it boring). Bond 22 should be a fun yet straightfoward formulatic Bond film along the lines of Octopussy, and Bond 23 in 2007 (remember, I'm imagining this within the back to back filming scenario) could be an explosive debut for the new Bond.

#4 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 12:56 AM

Cool ideas, EON-MGM really do keep us in the shade, but perhaps more info is likely to come of cource, after they see how well DAD does.

#5 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 03:48 PM

This is Pierce's chance to do his 6, back to back films, but just seems unlikely, who knows, nothing is for sure.

#6 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 09:38 PM

A Bond movie should not be filmed back to back. Imagine if the first one released is a movie which is just a xXx-styled, CGI-infested, action-excessive travesty and a majority of the fans hate it (but perhaps the non-Bond fans love it and it is successful)? That would mean that true Bond fans would have to still put up with a further installment of the same thing for the next film and would have to wait even longer for something decent. It is far more sensible to make the films one at a time.

#7 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 03:40 PM

I wil see Bond 23-24 back to back with Clive Owen als Jamesbond you must reet my story about this in this thread.

http://forums.comman...=&threadid=7008

#8 WarBird

WarBird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 04:20 PM

I would think that the quality could really be poor and the cast, crew, actores and everythink would be to stressed to get things done that the whole "package" would be degrated in a sense. Thats just my opinion.

#9 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 07:48 PM

The Lord of the Rings trilogy, filmed together, all 3 films. Peter Jackson handled that huge project, I say get him to do 2 Bond films back to back, perhaps with cross over story elements.

#10 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:47 PM

I believe perhaps it would be a good idea to have Bond 21 & 22 (& 23?) filmed back to back if there were a story arc with a new terrorist/crime organization and/or a MAJOR villain, a la Blofeld and SPECTRE or Le Gerant and The Union.

Anyway, some kind of story arc, connected by whatever the producers choose, would probably be the best reason to film 21 & 22 back to back.

If the right actor is chosen, what if he stepped in during the story to give him continuity? Or maybe that is a bad idea, considering the amazing appeal of George Lazenby.

#11 Mourning Becomes Electra

Mourning Becomes Electra

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:59 PM

Disregarding the techincal differences in mounting a Bond film and it's strain on the Director, technical, stunt people etc as oppossed to LOTR, LOTR is an ensemble film, Bond is a film where the lead actor is in 90-95% of the shots, many physically demanding and exhausting. A Bond film already takes 6-7 months to film, back to back the lead actor would be working 12-18 hours days for over a year. You wouldn't have to worry about him aging between films, he'd just be dead instead. :)