15 replies to this topic

#1 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

EW.com, as well as other sources, are reporting that Pierce Brosnan has been cast in A&E's adaptation of Stephen King's Bag of Bones, which will air on the network later this year. According to the article, it will be a four-hour miniseries that will air over the course of two nights.

Source: http://insidetv.ew.c...g-bag-of-bones/

#2 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

Pretty low rent. Kind of odd that Dalton is getting major film work now, and Broz is doing...this.

#3 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

One comment, and one comment only: Mamma Mia! :(

Although...it could be good. He was always better on t.v. right? :S

Edited by univex, 22 July 2011 - 08:22 PM.

#4 scissorpuppy007

scissorpuppy007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

I don't think this negatively effects his career at all, if anything if may further elevate him beyond "james Bond" (depending on the role and quality of the final product). I don't think Brosnan has anything to be ashamed of post-bond. Second to Sean Connery he has a pretty great career since leaving the role. Hell, it took Connery 15 years after leaving Bond to be taken seriously as an actor.

Edited by scissorpuppy007, 27 July 2011 - 11:58 AM.

#5 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

A&E is one of the top rated cable channels with several high rated hits. Mad Men, The Walking Dead to name a few.

Those are on AMC. A&E's top shows are Hoarders and Dog the bounty hunter. :S

#6 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:43 PM

AMC is one of the top rated cable channels with several high rated hits. Mad Men, The Walking Dead to name a few.

Two words: BREAKING BAD.

#7 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:53 PM

Well, at least he´ll have a starring role... And I liked the novel.

#8 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

And there's the odd King mini-series which has managed to earn a seemingly permenant place in the public consciousness (Salem's Lot, IT). Not expecting this one to join them but, I dunno, could be worse.

#9 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

Hell, it took Connery 15 years after leaving Bond to be taken seriously as an actor.

The Offence, 1 year after DAF
The Man Who Would be King, 3 years after DAF
A Bridge Too Far, 6 years after DAF
etc.

#10 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

Stephen King is sooooooooooooo tired & predictable, I can't pick up another book. He's done. NEEDFUL THINGS was the last quality piece he'd ever written. After struggling through GERALD'S GAME, it occured to me that he's not even trying anymore. (If you think I'm kidding, watch Pierce Brosnan in that wretched film adaptation of LAWNMOWER MAN). This, I'm sure is, one of those projects that comes along, just to keep the lights on.

#11 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

A&E is one of the top rated cable channels with several high rated hits. Mad Men, The Walking Dead to name a few.

Yeah, well, according to the latest news, he'll be 'boning' Melissa George in the miniseries, so it looks like he's getting the last laugh.

I´d hit th...Yeah, I was an alias fan for a reason. Two actually ;) Lucky that Vartan bastard :D

#12 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

Stephen King is sooooooooooooo tired & predictable, I can't pick up another book. He's done. NEEDFUL THINGS was the last quality piece he'd ever written. After struggling through GERALD'S GAME, it occured to me that he's not even trying anymore. (If you think I'm kidding, watch Pierce Brosnan in that wretched film adaptation of LAWNMOWER MAN). This, I'm sure is, one of those projects that comes along, just to keep the lights on.

I don't think that it's particularly fair to pin THE LAWNMOWER MAN's awfulness on Stephen King. It's fairly well known that he was so upset with that "adaptation" of his short story (it's not even really an adaptation of the short story) that he tried to have his name removed from the title/credits. The actual short story is pretty chilling, IMO.

I wouldn't say that he's done. Has the quality decline a bit? Yes, I'd say so. I doubt we ever see something from him again that rivals his great works like THE SHINING or stuff like that, but he's had some worthwhile efforts in the last few years. 2008's DUMA KEY was pretty good, IMO.

#13 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:04 AM

I don't think that it's particularly fair to pin THE LAWNMOWER MAN's awfulness on Stephen King. It's fairly well known that he was so upset with that "adaptation" of his short story (it's not even really an adaptation of the short story) that he tried to have his name removed from the title/credits. The actual short story is pretty chilling, IMO.

I wouldn't say that he's done. Has the quality decline a bit? Yes, I'd say so. I doubt we ever see something from him again that rivals his great works like THE SHINING or stuff like that, but he's had some worthwhile efforts in the last few years. 2008's DUMA KEY was pretty good, IMO.

Perfect answer.

#14 scissorpuppy007

scissorpuppy007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

HAHAHA! Well I stand corrected, that's what I get for reading/posting with my phone.
I read it as AMC but yet I typed A&E, egh. Still I think it's not a horrible career move.

Hell, it took Connery 15 years after leaving Bond to be taken seriously as an actor.

The Offence, 1 year after DAF
The Man Who Would be King, 3 years after DAF
A Bridge Too Far, 6 years after DAF
etc.

I didn't say he didn't do any good work, but when The Untouchables came out that film was viewed as his "comeback".

#15 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

I got $50 that says his next novel involves a writer from Derry Maine....... again.

#16 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

I got $50 that says his next novel involves a writer from Derry Maine....... again.

Well, if this is to be believed your $50 belong to someone else now.

Edited by Dustin, 28 July 2011 - 04:23 PM.