Was 006 in Thunderball

15 replies to this topic

#1 bondfisher007

bondfisher007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

You know when bond goes into the meeting with all the 00's? Was the man sitting next to bond 006?

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

I'll say yes.

Just feel like saying yes.

#3 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

All of them were there (inclusdng 008, just recalled from Hong Kong). What I want to know is which one was the FEMALE 00 agent??

#4 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

The one in the skirt.

#5 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

Could have been 008 as well. But then you never know with those spooks, devious types. Could have fixed seating arrangements out of order, would be just like them.

#6 MisterKerbz

MisterKerbz

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

I always find that scene so funny. How many seats were there? Nine?
Ian Fleming stated in his books that there were only three 00's in service ( perhaps at any one time? )
James Bond, apparently, was the senior of the three in the books. They shared an office. Even more interesting is that one of
the agents held the number '0011'.

I like the idea of only three 00's... Just a small branch of highly specialized desk jockeys who -- from time to time -- hop around the world taking care of problems... Trouble-shooting.

I understand the view from the other camp, however. Maybe in the 60's the 00 section had to expand to meet the demands of the Cold War?
Bah, but I'm just blowing hot air anyway...

---

A bit more directly to the topic. I always assumed 006 was sitting there on the left of 007. Maybe it was a different individual than the 006 from Goldeneye. But look at Felix Leiter, they couldn't figure out what that guy was supposed to look like, so why couldn't this 006 be the same person?

EDIT:

Weren't there three 00's in the opening sequence of The Living Daylights? M addresses the three man team as "The Double-O Section". Could that be the whole lot of them by the 80's? Maybe this was part of that whole 'Going Back To The Origins' that Dalton's Bond films were seemingly 'All About'.

More hot air, I suppose.

Edited by MisterKerbz, 22 July 2011 - 06:43 PM.

#7 TCK

TCK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 341 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

Weren't there three 00's in the opening sequence of The Living Daylights? M addresses the three man team as "The Double-O Section". Could that be the whole lot of them by the 80's? Maybe this was part of that whole 'Going Back To The Origins' that Dalton's Bond films were seemingly 'All About'.

Never noticed that, yet it's my favourite Bond film ! Well-judged !

#8 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

Weren't there three 00's in the opening sequence of The Living Daylights? M addresses the three man team as "The Double-O Section". Could that be the whole lot of them by the 80's?

Considering that M threatens to recall 008 from Hong Kong later in the film to kill Pushkin, I would have to say that is a big "NO!" that the Double O section is only 3 men.

Unless you want to make the case that the person who was 008 got promoted to the section as soon as 004 was killed.

#9 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

As for the female 00 I was pretty sure that SHE was 0011, but I don't know where I got that.

Also, in The Living Daylights I was pretty certain one of those agents was supposed to be 006...

...and after checking IMDb it looks as though those were 002 and 004 in TLD... and none of the 00's from TB are listed, so I guess I could somehow be right.

I will give you a concrete "YES" to your question and give you the Wikipedia page on 00 Agents as a source... I mean, since it's Wikipedia it has to be completely correct, amiright!?

Edited by larrythefatcat, 22 July 2011 - 09:48 PM.

#10 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

As for the female 00 I was pretty sure that SHE was 0011, but I don't know where I got that.

Also, in The Living Daylights I was pretty certain one of those agents was supposed to be 006...

...and after checking IMDb it looks as though those were 002 and 004 in TLD... and none of the 00's from TB are listed, so I guess I could somehow be right.

I will give you a concrete "YES" to your question and give you the Wikipedia page on 00 Agents as a source... I mean, since it's Wikipedia it has to be completely correct, amiright!?

There was a female double 0 at one point in the Daily Express Bond cartoon strip. I'm not sure if she was 0011 or 0013. I'm surprised the film makers haven't introduced such a character as more than just an extra. Perhaps they will for Bond 23.

As for the agents in TB, I would imagine they were the prefix holders at that point. As Daniel Craig's Bond pointed out in CR, double 0 agents have a very short lifespan (one agent excepted, of course!)

#11 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

There was a female double 0 at one point in the Daily Express Bond cartoon strip. I'm not sure if she was 0011 or 0013. I'm surprised the film makers haven't introduced such a character as more than just an extra. Perhaps they will for Bond 23.

As for the agents in TB, I would imagine they were the prefix holders at that point. As Daniel Craig's Bond pointed out in CR, double 0 agents have a very short lifespan (one agent excepted, of course!)

In "Fearface," Briony Thorne was Agent 0013.

#12 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:23 AM

Weren't there three 00's in the opening sequence of The Living Daylights? M addresses the three man team as "The Double-O Section". Could that be the whole lot of them by the 80's?

Considering that M threatens to recall 008 from Hong Kong later in the film to kill Pushkin, I would have to say that is a big "NO!" that the Double O section is only 3 men.

Unless you want to make the case that the person who was 008 got promoted to the section as soon as 004 was killed.

They were getting killed off a bit by this point:

OCTOPUSSY - 009 dies holding the fabergé egg.
A VIEW TO A KILL - 003 dies with the microchip.
THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS - 002 and 004 die.

Of course, they mention that to them at the intake. "Most of you won't make it past the pre-title scene".

#13 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:30 AM

THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS - 002 and 004 die.

Of course, they mention that to them at the intake. "Most of you won't make it past the pre-title scene".

002 doesn't die. He only gets paint balled by the SAS soldier. "That's it chum, you're out of it."

#14 perdogg

perdogg

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

Where is the woman?

http://screenmusings...s/Thbll_190.jpg

http://screenmusings...s/Thbll_194.jpg

http://screenmusings...s/Thbll_201.jpg

http://screenmusings...s/Thbll_203.jpg

#15 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:54 AM

002 doesn't die. He only gets paint balled by the SAS soldier. "That's it chum, you're out of it."

Isn't it 002 who gets 'overcome' by Necros at the Bleyden safe house?

And if you want to see a female 00 agent, check out the briefing after Sir Robert King's funeral in TWINE

#16 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

In "Fearface," Briony Thorne was Agent 0013.

That's her. Thank you for that confirmation, Major.