Anything in the North West/Midlands?

7 replies to this topic

#1 00Bond7

00Bond7

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

Anything in the North West( Manchester etc) or in the Midlands(Birmingham etc)

I'm living in the NW at the moment moving back to the midlands for Uni in September looking for Bond exhibits and stuff

Also any fans looking for a meet up or stuff?

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:11 AM

I don't know - is there anything in the North West or Midlands?

#3 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

Yes there is. I live in the Midlands, specifically Nottinghamshire. Home of Robin Hood, base of the only football club to win the European Cup back-to-back, home county of a double Olympic medallist for swimming, and home of one of the Blofelds (Donald Pleasance - from Worksop, also home town of champion golfer Lee Westwood!)

Plus, there's that rumour that even "The Times" reported in 2008, that in the 1960s Roger Moore lived at Ravenshead (a Notts. village I know quite well).

And, go over into Derbyshire, to the town of Belper, the place where Timothy Dalton was brought up, attended school, and first took up acting as part of "The Belper Players".

(Sorry Jim, I had to respond to this. :) )

#4 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

Yes there is. I live in the Midlands, specifically Nottinghamshire. Home of Robin Hood, base of the only football club to win the European Cup back-to-back, (Sorry Jim, I had to respond to this. :) )

Not a football fan are we?
Real Madrid, Ajax, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Benfica, AC Milan and Inter Milan all won the European Cup back-to-back; the first 3 winning it 3 times in a row....

#5 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

Yes there is. I live in the Midlands, specifically Nottinghamshire. Home of Robin Hood, base of the only football club to win the European Cup back-to-back, (Sorry Jim, I had to respond to this. :) )

Real Madrid, Ajax, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Benfica, AC Milan and Inter Milan all won the European Cup back-to-back; the first 3 winning it 3 times in a row....

I stand corrected, of course. I should have said the only English football team to win it back to back, a fact which still riles supporters of certain other English clubs. And no, I'm not a football fan or supporter but I know quite a few Nottingham Forest fans who like to recall the good old days of Brian Clough and Peter Taylor. :)

#6 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

I stand corrected, of course. I should have said the only English football team to win it back to back, a fact which still riles supporters of certain other English clubs. And no, I'm not a football fan or supporter but I know quite a few Nottingham Forest fans who like to recall the good old days of Brian Clough and Peter Taylor. :)

Lol;
I know nobody else in England (including myself) likes to admit it, but Liverpool is part of England and (as a United fana and Manc born & bred) as much as I hate to admit it, they did win back to back European cups in 77 and 78; the years directly before Forest did.....

#7 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

Lol;
I know nobody else in England (including myself) likes to admit it, but Liverpool is part of England and (as a United fana and Manc born & bred) as much as I hate to admit it, they did win back to back European cups in 77 and 78; the years directly before Forest did.....

Once again I stand corrected! I was looking at the wrong list! And spending probably a bit too much time with my friends from Nottingham Forest. :)

#8 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

Lol;

Once again I stand corrected! I was looking at the wrong list! And spending probably a bit too much time with my friends from Nottingham Forest. :)

Lol; you gotta be careful about spending too much time with those Forest fans!