30 years of For your Eyes Only

17 replies to this topic

#1 columbo

columbo

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

30 years ago it premiered FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, today 24-06-1981..

aLSO my birthday.....now i know why i have been premature...i have to see my favorite movie of all times...

#2 Capsule in Space

Capsule in Space

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:37 AM

Happy birthday. FYEO is a great Bond film.

#3 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

Give us a kiss. Give us a 30th anniversary kiss.

:P

#4 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

Give you a nut! Here you are...

#5 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

Give you a nut! Here you are...

Oh my God! 30 years old already. Happy Birthday, "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY"! I adore you!

#6 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

Ah, Great Bond film. My second favorite Moore effort after LALD. Can't say I was around for the premiere though...

#7 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

"Love a drive in the country. Don't you?"

I've still got my little Citroen 2CV from MCMLXXXI. Press the button on the front and the bonnet pops open. Don't know why, it just does. I suppose it was just Corgi's normal 2CV toy rebranded in the style of James Bond.

#8 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

I can't believe I was born only ten years after.....

#9 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:25 AM

Happy Birthday to my joint-favourite, along with FRWL.

I can’t believe it is 30 years. I was 6, and wasn’t allowed to see it, but a few school friends were talking about it!!

:-)

#10 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

Happy Birthday to columbo and FYEO! ...Even though I haven't seen the latter in a few years...

#11 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:30 PM

Give us a kiss. Give us a 30th anniversary kiss.

:P

LOL!

Yes, the Bond series came down to earth with, at the time I thought, a crashing thud. No spectacular Adam-inspired sets, no over-the-top special effects, and no extravagant globe-trotting. However, I soon learnt that it was really pretty good and something the series needed by way of course correction.

Happy 30th my friend.

#12 dogmanstar

dogmanstar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

Let's see--
First Bond film I ever saw--on American cable (must have been HBO, I guess).
First Bond book I ever read--after seeing the film.
First Bond adaptation I ever read--the Marvel comics edition, which I still own!

So, a lot of firsts for me--didn't understand the Tracy's grave thing nor the white cat. Loved the title song and the ski chases.

Great film, lots of fun and one I return to often.

#13 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

I can't believe I was born only ten years after.....

How do you think I feel!? I was born a month after it came out.

#14 TCK

TCK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 341 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

I'm not a The spy who loved me fan, I do prefer For your eyes only, in this one, he plays James Bond as Sean Connery did in From Russia with love. Both look alike. It's my favourite (James Bond) film with Roger Moore, but not my favourite film with him simply. The wild geese is. For your eyes only is in my top ten, perhaps at the bottom, but in my top ten anyway.

Happy birthday, For your birthday candles only.

#15 TheLazenby

TheLazenby

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 304 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

I was just thinking about this movie earlier today, especially the scene where Bond turns down Bibi's bed invitation... and I realized just how far removed Moore's movies are from Sean Connery's. They almost don't seem like the same series - Moore's Bond is just too *nice*.

#16 TCK

TCK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

I was just thinking about this movie earlier today, especially the scene where Bond turns down Bibi's bed invitation... and I realized just how far removed Moore's movies are from Sean Connery's. They almost don't seem like the same series - Moore's Bond is just too *nice*.

:dizzy:

Isn't she under eighteen ? I mean Bibi, not Lynn-Holly Johnson. I think she is. James Bond refusing Bibi's bed invitation is absolutely normal morally. I'm most confused by James Bond staying on a chair with a cat on his thighs while Stacey Sutton is walking in front of him with underwear.

#17 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

I wouldn't call Moore's Bond "nice." Moore portrays Bond certainly as more of a "gentleman" and with more humor than anyone else, but he also shows on several occasions how tough and driven he is to get the job done by any means.

#18 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

I wouldn't call Moore's Bond "nice." Moore portrays Bond certainly as more of a "gentleman" and with more humor than anyone else, but he also shows on several occasions how tough and driven he is to get the job done by any means.

Very true. He almost breaks Andrea's arm in TMWTGG, knocks Sandor off the roof after getting the response he needed in TSWLM< and he kicks Locque's car off the cliff in this movie. He was the gentleman Bond but at the same time, he had his ruthless moments.

_________