4 replies to this topic

#1 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 11:03 PM

Found this on Ananova.com (the damn best new site for dwellers of our fine isles!)

Roger Moore to host Bond TV special

Roger Moore is to host an ITV1 special counting down the ten best Bond film moments.

Viewers have voted for their favourite moments for the show on November 22 (silly day to put it on... we'll all be wathcing DAD...Gary) to mark James Bond's 40th anniversary.

Former (wrong... not my words... Gary) 007 heroes Pierce Brosnan, Sean Connery and Dame Judi Dench will also give behind-the-scenes gossip on each clip.

Bond's first ever appearance in the 1962 film Dr No has been rated one of the best ever 007 moments.

Another favourite is when Bond girl Ursula Andress walks out of the sea as sexy Honey Ryder, also in Dr No, according to Teletext.

Others include Bond skiing off a cliff in 1977's The Spy Who Loved Me, his parachute battle with Jaws in 1979's Moonraker and the speedboat chase in 1999's The World Is Not Enough

Hmmm... sounds good.... shame about the date of broadcasting! What do you think will be in the list. Also... rather nice to see that they've let Roger out of his vat of pickling vinegar long enough to present!

#2 C. Tounes

C. Tounes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 05:31 PM

Thanks man ! DAD is on the the 20th, so we'll catch it...

#3 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 08 November 2002 - 05:43 PM

cool! i'm also seeing DAD on the 20th but no doubt i'll see it again, lol. do u have any more details as to when it will be on? the 22nd, as u've said, but do u have a time?

anyhoo, i'm not a gambling person bt i'll put bets on that honey ryder emerging from the sea in Dr NO will be at No1. if it doesn't make that, then it will be at least in the top 3.

#4 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 08:05 PM

I bet they'll stick a PB moment in the top 3 too... just for publicity's sake.

3. Boat Chase
2. Union Jack Parachute
1. Honey Rider

My top 3 would include the death of Tracy... it's gotta be in there somewhere... but probably won't be that popular. Anyway...

As for the time? I'm betting prime time... or just before showing a Bond movie. I'm not sure. It's not been trailed on ITV yet.

#5 Dr Shatterhand

Dr Shatterhand

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 03:10 PM

Let's hope that ITV have kept the interviews to relevant people and have spared us the "original" thoughts of the usual Z list pop/sport celebs. Number one has to be Connery giving the "My name's Bond, James Bond" from Dr No. How's sunny Preston (I take it you, Dr Cheese, are from Preston, Lancs)? It's over 12 years since I left. What's changed?