#1 whiteskwirl

whiteskwirl

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

http://www.guardian....ay-jack-reacher

I feel Tom Cruise is completely wrong for this part, and just because of the large height difference. What do you all think about this?

#2 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

This is bad, this is so bad. Granted, he is a box office draw, but he in no way resembles the huge hulking figure of Reacher. I always thought of Mark Valley from Human Target in the role. This is without a doubt a hard action role and you need a guy who can pull off big and scary, an 80's Dolph type of dude.

#3 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

"Ahnuld" or "The Rock" or somebody in else in the known-only-by-their-showbiz-alias branch. Cruise? Hell, Child must already have spent half of the millions he gets for this gig to believe in a decent depiction there. Then again Reacher is so superhuman-ubermesch that it's probably entirely negligible how serious/convincing/impressive the role is cast.

#4 Glenn

Glenn

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

This is just so sad, if true. Cruise is totally unsuitable for the role of Jack Reacher. However there is nothing about it on IMDB.com, and Cruise seems to have plenty of other films to make including The Matarese Circle and........Top Gun 2 :dizzy:

I am going to place this under the 'believe it when I see it', and pray to the movie gods that Cruise doesn't take the role.

#5 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

Jack Reacharound!

#6 Vodka Martino

Vodka Martino

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

Tom Cruise in "The Matarese Circle" would be bad enough. Man, I'm cringing at the thought. But Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher is the worst casting decision since Michael Keaton as Batman. No, actually, it's worse.
When I first read the Reacher books, I, for some reason, pictured Dwayne Johnson/"The Rock" as Reacher. Granted, he's not exactly your all-American muscle-bound ex-military type guy along the same lines as Dolph Lundgren, but he's a better actor than Lundgren (I know that's not really saying much. Hell, my cat's a better actor than Dolph Lundgren) and would look more convincing as Reacher than Tom Cruise.

#7 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

Tom Cruise in "The Matarese Circle" would be bad enough. Man, I'm cringing at the thought. But Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher is the worst casting decision since Michael Keaton as Batman. No, actually, it's worse.
When I first read the Reacher books, I, for some reason, pictured Dwayne Johnson/"The Rock" as Reacher. Granted, he's not exactly your all-American muscle-bound ex-military type guy along the same lines as Dolph Lundgren, but he's a better actor than Lundgren (I know that's not really saying much. Hell, my cat's a better actor than Dolph Lundgren) and would look more convincing as Reacher than Tom Cruise.

Given the fact that Jack Reacher's inner life and character arch for the most part equals that of a large grey stone Dwayne Johnson was practically born for the role.