Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

http://www.tracking-...ck-mr-anthony/#
Daniel Craig In Talks For GOOD LUCK, MR. ANTHONY

The film tells the story of Lawrence Anthony, who owns and operates Thula Thula, a game preserve in South Africa. While watching the invasion of Iraq, he recalled that when wars begin, zoo animals are usually killed or die of neglect.

Crossing the border from Kuwait seven days after the start of the U.S.-led invasion, Anthony found the zoo, where half of the 1,000 animals had already died. Engaging mercenaries to battle insurgents and poachers, Anthony rallied the zoo staff to return and protected the animals with the help of other local people. Anthony stayed in Baghdad for six months.

Daniel Craig

Full Acting Credits for Good Luck, Mr. Anthony »
Production Credits
Full Production Credits »

Director - Roger Donaldson
Screenplay - Armyan Bernstein
Screenplay - Terry Jastrow
Producer - Armyan Bernstein
Director - Taylor Hackford
Production Executive - Suzann Ellis

Info from Dedicated2Daniel

#2 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

Seems like the long delay for BOND 23 was the best thing that could happen to Daniel Craig. He may be the only Bond actor to actually have a parallel career with high profile roles and blockbusters.

#3 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

??? Two directors? Is this real? Craig needs to find something to star in where his co-star is human, preferably female.

#4 Cody

Cody

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:28 PM

Taylor Hackford is the one and only director, according to Google search results. He signed on to this project in 2007.

#5 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

Sounds like box office death to me. :tdown:

#6 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:08 AM

Who's Niel Craig? :P

#7 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:08 AM

Well, well... I must say that I'd be 100 times more likely to watch such a film than, say, "Cowboys and aliens".
I had never heard about Lawrence Anthony, and I must say this story sounds pretty crazy. I'm sure Craig could make something interesting out of that; there's something feral about him that would probably work quite well on screen with animal "co-stars". Interesting and original, precisely not the typical blockbuster storyline.

I say: :tup:

#8 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

This doesn't sound like a project, he would be interested in doing IMO.

#9 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:17 AM

I don't know, it sounds like it could potentially be Oscar bait if in the right hands. And if those hands belong to Taylor Hackford, well Jamie Foxx did alright by him. As for the "box office death" criticism, DC has Cowboys and Aliens, The girl with the dragon tattoo, Tintin, and Bond 23 on his plate. I think he can afford to go off and do some more artier fare!

#10 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:42 PM

I don't know, it sounds like it could potentially be Oscar bait if in the right hands. And if those hands belong to Taylor Hackford, well Jamie Foxx did alright by him. As for the "box office death" criticism, DC has Cowboys and Aliens, The girl with the dragon tattoo, Tintin, and Bond 23 on his plate. I think he can afford to go off and do some more artier fare!

Oh, he will always go off and do artsy [censored] ;), if he likes the script. Never been one to be afraid, so...I still not see it. Maybe that's me afraid of having to watch dying animals, because I couldn't skip a DC film. :( :D

#11 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

Oh, I think he might well end up doing it. But probably not so people come to see Daniel Craig in an arthouse film. I think he'd want people come to see Lawrence Anthony, and if that guy and his story doesn't appeal to you I doubt he'd be angry if you skip this one.

#12 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

Oh, I think he might well end up doing it. But probably not so people come to see Daniel Craig in an arthouse film. I think he'd want people come to see Lawrence Anthony, and if that guy and his story doesn't appeal to you I doubt he'd be angry if you skip this one.

Oh, no doubt, he doesn't care, but if you care to read my post again, you might get, what I actually said. ;)

#13 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

Oh, no doubt, he doesn't care, but if you care to read my post again, you might get, what I actually said. ;)

Oh, I do apologise, terribly dim of me. I don't seem to get it. You said you were afraid of watching animals suffer or die, because you couldn't skip a Craig film. Was there some other meaning? I still come up blank.

I said Craig wouldn't be cross with you (or so I suppose) if you skipped this one for your own reasons. Not sure, how and why I missed your point there.

Unless of course it is that you are such a fan that you obsessively have to see any Craig film, regardless if it entertains you or not.

At any rate I'd still argue Craig surely wouldn't like you to suffer while watching one of his works. Perhaps I didn't make that clear enough?

Edited by Dustin, 12 April 2011 - 09:10 AM.

#14 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

Oh, I do apologise, terribly dim of me. I don't seem to get it. You said you were afraid of watching animals suffer or die, because you couldn't skip a Craig film. Was there some other meaning? I still come up blank.

I said Craig wouldn't be cross with you (or so I suppose) if you skipped this one for your own reasons. Not sure, how and why I missed your point there.

Unless of course it is that you are such a fan that you obsessively have to see any Craig film, regardless if it entertains you or not.

At any rate I'd still argue Craig surely wouldn't like you to suffer while watching one of his works. Perhaps I didn't make that clear enough?

I sure wonder, what was in your tea/coffee or whatever today and yesterday and...you sure seem to have a high blood pressure. Red wine helps with that. One glas in the eve, my advice or make it two... :cooltongue:

#15 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:20 AM

I sure wonder, what was in your tea/coffee or whatever today and yesterday and...you sure seem to have a high blood pressure. Red wine helps with that. One glas in the eve, my advice or make it two... :cooltongue:

Reichsgraf Von Kesselstatt.