2 replies to this topic

#1 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

A few years ago, I found a website where you could download about half of the 59 007 comic books that Zig Zag published starting in the late 1960's. Now, that I finally have my own blog running at a fairly steady rate, one of the projects I decided to tackle was to translate the issues that I have.

I take the original files that I downloaded from the internet, cleanup the image and brighten the colors. Then I translate the text and have been uploading in five page parts. Not being able to speak or read Spanish makes this a little challenging at times. I have been using a couple of different free translation websites and then fixing the grammar that comes out. This works most of the time, but I do end up with some pretty bizarre results from time to time. When this happens, I take the liberty of improvising just a little. I know it's not perfect, but it's pretty damn good. At least people will be able to read some new James Bond adventures who probably would not have the opportunity to do so.

If there is enough of a positive response to this first issue, I will continue to go through and translate all of the issues. I even have hard copies of some of the European comics that I could translate as well. I would love to get copies of the movie comic adaptations of A View To A Kill and The Living Daylights and translate those.

Feel free to stop by Cinema Raiders and check out the comics. The website is still fairly new and I'm learning the ropes as I go along, but I hope to write about all different movies, collecting and historical subjects that I find interesting. Any feedback you'd like to give would be appreciated as well. Don't forget to click on the follow button!

#2 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

Super! I'll be a frequent visitor!

#3 pgram

pgram

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Why, thanks! Excellent idea, especially now that I 've just finished the whole Titan series, I needed a little bit of more Bond comics. As far as the translation is concerned, I 'm sure you won't find much difficulty finding someone speaking Spanish to help (you might even do it within this forum, I expect).