6 replies to this topic

#1 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

Remember that scene when Bond is walking with Algernon in the workshop and as he goes to get Bond's watch, 007 is looking as he always does, at the items laying around? It still gets to me that the one thing he picks up, is the most insignificant item on the shelf. I mean, come on Connery! There's a film camera that shoots bullets-kind of a precursor to the Polaroid laser camera seen in Licence to Kill-some grenades, which I'm sure go into something; what looks to be a rice maker; and certain other items. And what does he pick up? A small little nasal spray container. :P Now, I know it was done in order to make that gag about sticking it up your nose and all, but dang, it would have been nice to see how the camera operated. hehe! Bond could have used that against Largo. :D

Posted Image

Edited by iBond, 01 April 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#2 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

Bond was to have been issued a camera that fired explosive rounds in TMWTGG. It ended up as a background bit but there are stills of Q giving it to Roger from what appears to be a deleted scene.

I did like the way Q Branch was done in NSNA. That and that Algy and Bond liked each other. He was always willing to give Bond something to "try out" in the field. In my own fan-fic, "Tony" is the head of Q Branch and "Freddie" is head of the motor pool. Tony dreams stuff up for cars, boats and aircraft and Freddie makes it work. When it comes to gadgets and such, Tony takes the lead along with his assistant Anne.

NSNA is vastly underated IMO.

#3 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:12 AM

NSNA is vastly underated IMO.

Agreed. I'm glad Connery came back for one more film...

#4 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

Remember that scene when Bond is walking with Algernon in the workshop and as he goes to get Bond's watch, 007 is looking as he always does, at the items laying around? It still gets to me that the one thing he picks up, is the most insignificant item on the shelf. I mean, come on Connery! There's a film camera that shoots bullets-kind of a precursor to the Polaroid laser camera seen in Licence to Kill-some grenades, which I'm sure go into something; what looks to be a rice maker; and certain other items. And what does he pick up? A small little nasal spray container. :P Now, I know it was done in order to make that gag about sticking it up your nose and all, but dang, it would have been nice to see how the camera operated. hehe! Bond could have used that against Largo. :D

Posted Image

The thing you have to get about Never Say Never is the whole movie is Sean Connery's F-You to Cubby Broccoli & Michael Wilson.

#5 Dekard77

Dekard77

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

The thing you have to get about Never Say Never is the whole movie is Sean Connery's F-You to Cubby Broccoli & Michael Wilson.
[/quote]

Can you please explain that statement? I just felt that Connery wanted to reboot his career again after a few box office duds. :|

#6 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:49 PM

I just felt that Connery wanted to reboot his career again after a few box office duds. :|

I had the same reaction. The films he was doing-with a few exceptions since he last played Bond-didn't really perform that well. Let's not get started with Zardoz! :D But at the same time, it does seem as if it was a payback for Broccoli since Connery wanted full control over the production of the film and whom to cast and direct.

#7 Dekard77

Dekard77

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:41 AM

One thing NSNA got right was the humour and wit. It works very well. I didn't like the fact that SC wasn't very physical but I guess he was playing to his age. The finale in cave he was very lazy and even dropped the gun. Exploding pen scene was clearly a jab at Eon when he spoke of company endorsements but other than there were no stabs at Eon which I noticed.