Photo

Blood Stone?

13 replies to this topic

#1 0077

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

Has there been any discussion on which platform Blood Stone looks better on? My wife and I have both an XBOX 360 and a PS3. Not to mention a Wii, and the new GoldebnEye looks great on it.

I'd really love to pick this up in a couple of days and I'm stuck on which version to get. Thoughts and imput sought.

#2 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

It look pretty good on PS3 but i don't know about 360. I assume they look about equal on both consoles.

#3 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

It's about the same for Xbox 360. I think it looks fantastic, but then again judging by the screenshots for the PS3 version, they look about equal.

#4 0077

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:11 AM

Thanks guys. :tup:

#5 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

If you get it for Xbox 360, let me know. We should play some of the online multiplayer.

#6 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

I really enjoyed Blood Stone. I was disappointed it ended when it did.

#7 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:27 AM

That's one of the game's biggest problems...it's too short. It's a good game, but I wouldn't spend $60 on it.

#8 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:04 AM

That's one of the game's biggest problems...it's too short. It's a good game, but I wouldn't spend $60 on it.

I honestly, don't blame you there at all...It just sucked because it was getting so good and I just hoped there was more to the story after just capturing and killing Nicole Hunter. I wanted there to be more. I mean, it just ends so suddenly. It makes me wish we still had games that lasted forever like they did on the Super Nintendo or even the original PlayStation console. But, you can't have it all I guess. It's ironic for the game's title to be called "I'll Take It All" and yet be so short. Oh, well. But yeah, I got it when it was new so I would have had no idea if it was short or not. But for what it was worth, I enjoyed it.

#9 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

Also, compared to many other games in the same genre the game has a serious lack of replay value outside of the (too short) main single player game. I played it at a friends, but I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it to be honest.

#10 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

Yeah, it does suck. I have yet to play the Craig version of GoldenEye 007, but don't plan to. That and because it's not avaliable for the PS3. But yeah, I might have to play Blood Stone 007 again just for kicks or when I'm bored. But yeah, it's a very forgettable game. But I like how it's an original story. The first since Everything or Nothing.

#11 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:15 AM

Yeah, it does suck. I have yet to play the Craig version of GoldenEye 007, but don't plan to. That and because it's not avaliable for the PS3. But yeah, I might have to play Blood Stone 007 again just for kicks or when I'm bored. But yeah, it's a very forgettable game. But I like how it's an original story. The first since Everything or Nothing.

Personally, I don't think any Bond game has lived up to the amount of replay value or in general, greatness of GoldenEye 007 for the N64.

That said, GoldenEye Wii (which isn't a remake at all) is quite good for a "last-gen" level FPS. It really can't compete with more advanced shooters on the PS3 and 360 simply b/c it's at such a disadvantage hardware wise and the FPS genre relies heavily on graphical power and hardware overall (unlike platformers or RPGs).

I think it's worth the money if the only current system someone has is a Wii though.

#12 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

I saw the effects for the game and honestly, what is so advanced with this game?

#13 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

I saw the effects for the game and honestly, what is so advanced with this game?

Which game? GoldenEye Wii is nothing special effect wise. It looks good for a Wii game, but the hardware is technically a decade old. Unfortunately though considering the inconsistent history of the Bond games released since GoldenEye 007 on the N64, it's actually one of the better ones.

If you're talking about Bloodstone, well...the game looks and seems like it was rushed overall. For what, I don't know. As you noted the game is very short and replay incentive is minimal. The effects, textures, and other graphical elements aren't exactly the best of the best out there on PS3 and Xbox 360. Several reviews point that out.

#14 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

Which game? GoldenEye Wii is nothing special effect wise. It looks good for a Wii game, but the hardware is technically a decade old. Unfortunately though considering the inconsistent history of the Bond games released since GoldenEye 007 on the N64, it's actually one of the better ones.

If you're talking about Bloodstone, well...the game looks and seems like it was rushed overall. For what, I don't know. As you noted the game is very short and replay incentive is minimal. The effects, textures, and other graphical elements aren't exactly the best of the best out there on PS3 and Xbox 360. Several reviews point that out.

Oh, I was referring to GoldenEye 007 (2010).

Edited by iBond, 06 May 2011 - 12:22 PM.